Chapter 51

Vote and comment ❄️

   सुन रे सुन बेलिया
दिल ने धोखा दिया
आँखें मिली तुमसे नाज़नी
मेरे होश--हवास खो गए

"It was all a lie, wasn't it?"

"No" He strode two steps towards me and cupped my cheeks "No, nothing has ever been a lie with you. Especially not my love, Anika. You're taking it the wrong way"

He was standing really close to me and after months, I was able to feel his touch again.

"What is the right way, Krish?" I whispered and a few tears escaped my eyes.

He wiped them with his thumb, the frown never leaving his face.

I didn't push him away, I couldn't. I tried to be strong for too long but I am not. And now all of it is breaking together slowly.

"You and me" He whispered "That has always been the right way" A few more tears left my eyes at his words. "It's fate, don't go against it"

"Fate?" I repeated "How is it fate when everything keeps us apart? You left when we were kids, I never saw you again, you left when we met again and you call this fate?"

"No no no no" He said "Anika, I didn't contact you because I was making a career. I needed stability, we were bankrupt. But I returned didn't I? For you, always for you"

He rested his forehead against mine.

"I spend every day, every minute thinking about you. How I could've made things right but I knew I was too late"

"I'm not strong" I confessed "I can't pretend everything is fine, not anymore"

"I'm here now, Anika" He whispered, lifting his head and looking into my eyes "And i'm never leaving again"

Some calm, peaceful thing inside of me snapped. I pushed him away by hitting his chest "Ab jab mujhe khush dekh liya to waapis aana chahte ho? Jab zarurat thi tab kaha the?"

(You want to come back now that i am happy. Where were u when I needed you?)

His eyes widened slightly "Khush? Tum khush ho, Anika? Why did you run away from the party yesterday then?"

(Happy? You're happy, Anika?)

"What I do or don't do is none of your concern. What do you think I am? Jab marzi tab chhod k chale jaao. Jab marzi tab waapis aajao? And you're here because I'm with Satvik!" I shouted.

"I'm not even the slightest bit worried about him. You won't marry him, I'm sure about that"

"Admit it Krish you're just jealous to see me moved on and happy with someone that isn't you"

"No one else can keep you more happy than I can. I've hurt you, but I've told you. It wasn't part of the plan!"

"Ye jo tumhare saare plans hai na, tum nyxen ke saath hi khelo"

"He's dead" He says "Nyxen's dead"

"Kya faayda jab manhoos meri zindagi khraab kar k hi gaya" I muttered "Tumhari kya problem hai? Pehle maar dete to tumhara kuch chala jata?"

His eyes widened in amusement "I wish I could've done it before Anika lekin..." He said "Lekin it's over now, ab to mere sath chal"

"Krish!" I said, frustrated "Don't you understand?" My voice was defeated by now "I can't do this. Okay achha maan lo mai tumse shaadi kar bhi lu—"