032: Good Morning pretty Girl

"So this is our map room, we basically are here every free time we have-"

"That's a lie!" Thomas interrupted me.

"Excuse me?" I looked at the boy clueless. Why should I lie? Also, how should he know?

"Minho told me you are often seen in the weapon room, whenever you have time."

"Yes but I still map or else I would no longer be a runner, let's change the theme."

"Okay, I've got a question." The boy said. Of course a question what should I suggest? "What is it?" I asked, while I took out my block and sat down on a chair.

"You and Minho are friends right?" I Iooked at him, trying to figure out what he was trying to say. "Yeah, something like that." The boy looked with a questioning face at me, "What does that mean? Is it a yes or a no?" I signed and answered, "Sometimes we fight but in general I could say we are friends."

"So what was your question?" I changed. "Did you dated before you and Newt?" Thomas spitted out and took a step back as I jumped up. "What kind of bullshit did Minho tell you? We never dated, and I would never date him!"

I have a shucking boyfriend but why was I not sure about my answer? No, I could never get feelings for Minho, what about Newt? Am I cheating on him?

"Hello!" Thomas snapped his fingers in front of me. "I asked you why you ran inside if you didn't love him?" Thomas made me speechless. "I- I-... Shit, I don't know." Thomas looked at me with his soft eyes, "What did you feel the moment you ran inside or right before you ran inside?" Thomas asked. "Why do you want to know this?" I crossed my arms like Minho always did- enough.

"I want to help you find out if you like him." He looked so innocent but something about it was suspicious. "What do you remember?" I then decided to ask. "What- What do you mean." The boy was not prepared for such an answer. "I mean, what do you remember? Don't lie to me Thomas," I made a pause in which I thought of telling him the truth. "I also remember things, that you and Tessy shipped me with Minho when we were younger." I decided not to tell him the rest of what I remembered. "There's this sentence which is repeating in my head the whole day," He stopped and looked down. "It's your voice." I gasped at his answer. "What does it say?" I had to know what I told him. "Tommy please promise me you're gonna tell me that I love Minho the next time we meet. Don't let me kill him." He whispered, it was loud enough to understand every word, my words. I couldn't remember saying that but I believed Thomas. "Why would you kill him?" Thomas interrupted my thoughts. "Apparently they want me to do it but I..."

"Can't." Thomas ended my sentence. I nodded and was just about to tell him that I would never kill him but Minho opened the door. "Hello there." He smiled. I cleared my throat and sat down in the chair where I was sitting before. "Don't mind me, I'm just working." I said with my back turned to them. "I never said you need to leave the map room." Minho said.

Minho showed Thomas a model of the Maze he built. "It's the maze. All of it." Minho started. I turned around and watched them. "What do you mean 'all of it'? I thought you were still mapping it." Thomas had no clue what was happening and I was sorry for him what he was about to hear. "There's nothing left to map. I've run every inch of it myself. Every cycle. Every pattern. If there was a way out, we would have found it by now." Minho's face darkened at his own words. And I wished just to go over to him and hug him. "Why haven't you told anyone this?" "It was Alby's call. People needed to believe we had a chance of getting out. But maybe now... we have a real chance." He pointed at the maze as he began to speak up. "Take a look at this. About a year ago, we started exploring these outer sections. We found these numbers printed on the walls. Sections 1 through 8. See, the way it works, is every night, when the maze changes...it opens up a new section. So today, Section 6 was open.
Tomorrow, it will be 4, then 8, then 3. The pattern always stays the same." I wasn't sure what Minho was doing but it sounded interesting.