Chapter 16: Missing Bunny Charms

"Sorry about that, go ahead and continue" Y/N said.
"It's okay, but maybe we should get out of here before they think we're shagging or something" William said.
"You're right, we should" Y/N said in agreement.
They pulled away from each other and walked back to William's car.
William didn't know where he was going as he backed out of the police station parking lot but definitely not back to Freddy's.
After awhile, they parked on the empty rooftop of a mall parking garage, rolled down all the windows, and reclined their seats.
"Now tell me more" Y/N said.
"Earlier today, he admitted to watching me on the playground and secretly following me home when we were 6 and 7 years old" William said.
"What the fuck?? That's scary man" Y/N shuddered.
"It really is, he also said I peaked his curiosity when I was singing, but I doubt that's the first time I caught his attention" William said.
"It was probably the first time he revealed himself to you, but definitely not the first time you caught his eyes and ears" Y/N said.
"I agree, I remember my bracelet with mismatched bunny charms going missing" William said.
"Do you think it correlates back to him?" Y/N asked.
"Yeah, because it fell off during an aggressive game of dodgeball between a few kids from my class" William said.
"None of them took it?" Y/N asked.
"No, because I panicked and looked around for it as soon as I noticed it was gone, and so did my equally worried classmates" William said.
"Oh damn, that's crazy, I'm surprised they weren't pretending to be worried" Y/N said.
"Me too, they even let me search their pockets, backpacks, pencil boxes, and pouches to make sure they didn't have it by some weird chance" William said.
"Y'all never found it?" Y/N asked.
"No we didn't, I cried my eyes out until recess ended and then continued crying on my walk home" William said.
"He probably watched you cry over it while he held it in his hands or had it in his pocket" Y/N said.
"You're probably right about that, I'm going to confront him about this tomorrow" William said.
"Be careful William" Y/N said.
"I've know how to protect myself, don't worry love" William said.
"With how you stabbed and sliced the shit out of Sally, I bet you do" Y/N laughed.
William laughed with Y/N before continuing to tell the rest of his story.
"My mum tried her best to comfort me and my dad bought me McDonald's, 5 new accessories from Claire's, and let me stay up for two hours past my bedtime watching brain rotting cartoons" William said.
"That sounds cool, I'm glad they didn't guilt trip you over it and get angry at you for crying" Y/N said.
"Did your parents do that?" William asked.
"Yeah, they spoiled me then got angry, acted surprised, and hit me when I acted like a brat" Y/N said.
"Bloody hell, want me to get rid of them for you?" William asked.
"Yes please, and my maternal siblings too" Y/N said.
"You got it love" William laughed.
"Thanks, now tell me more" Y/N said.
"I was grateful for their empathy and efforts to help me feel better, but I was still inconsolable for the next couple weeks and felt very sad for 3 months" William said.
"I'd be too honestly" Y/N said.
"I eventually forgot about it until I heard a knock on my front door Christmas morning.
"I was the only one awake in the house so I went downstairs and waited for awhile before peeking out the windows" William said.
"Was he on the other side looking at you?" Y/N asked.
"Thankfully not, but there was a tiny gift box on my doorstep, so I opened the door, brought it inside, and locked the door" William said.
"That sounds scary even though he was just a kid back then" Y/N said.
"It does, he probably could've been a fat PG rated Chucky doll" William laughed.
"Wouldn't that basically be a cabbage patch kid?"
Y/N laughed.
William laughed again before continuing his story.
"I quietly rushed back to my room and gently closed the door so I wouldn't wake up my parents" William said.
"This is getting good, holy shit" Y/N said.
"I opened the box and read a sticky note inside that said "Sorry Willy" with a frowning face sticker" William said.
"Of course he left a creepy note!!" Y/N laughed.
"Yep, and he probably evolved to leaving me creepy voicemails" William chuckled and sighed.
"That's even more annoying holy shit" Y/N sighed.
"Annoying is his middle name for fuck sake!!" William laughed.
"Is it actually??" Y/N chuckled.
"No it's Audly, spelled with A-U, and one D" William laughed.
"Guess we can say that's a rather "odd" middle name" Y/N laughed.
"Definitely" William laughed.
"I looked under the note and saw my bunny charm bracelet. I was more surprised and scared than grateful honestly" William continued.
"I bet" Y/N said.