55. Patterns.

Danielle came out of the bathroom, feeling refreshed and finally looking decent after a rough night out. She looked at the brunette, dressed in a plaid cozy shirt and jeans, her hair was slightly wavy and she looked absolutely adorable.

"What if I also told you to pack light?"

"Pack? For a breakfast?"

"A breakfast outside of town, I'm not gonna tell you precisely where but we will drive there. And we'll stay, if it's up to your liking.."

"It's Sunday, Danielle. We've got classes tomorrow, we shouldn't travel far."

"We will make it back in time, I promise. I've got everything settled, and I think you will really like my suprise."

"Oh, so it's a suprise now?" Kaylee seemed skeptical, her feelings were still not on board with whatever happened last night. "I'll give this a chance.."

The auburn's features softened, and she smiled. "Let's go then. I'm driving us there."

"You're driving!?" Kaylee was in the middle of packing a few random things in her back bag as Danielle jingled some keys in her fingers.

"I've had plenty of lessons so you're in safe hands, I promise."

"You know what they say about people who make too many promises.." the brunette side eyed the other girl as she slipped on her backpack. "Plus, you don't even have your licence yet."

"Let me worry about that, yeah?" Danielle took the brunette by her hand and led them outside of the room, locking it quickly before walking down the staircase that led them to the road. They had to walk about a mile down the street to what looked like an expensive bmw that the auburn had rented.

"Is this our ride?"

"Were you expecting the limousine again? I can't drive that for the love of God Kaylee."

The brunette chuckles.

"No, I never know what to expect with you anymore. But I just go along with it."

"I'm assuming that's a good thing?"

Danielle rushes to Kaylee's side to open the door for her, the brunette again gives her a questioning look but proceeds inside. The auburn settles on the driver's seat, her hands gently stroking the fresh leather of the steering wheel before she turns the engine on.

"You suit it. The car, I mean."

"Thanks, but that didn't answer my question. Is it bad that I'm unpredictable?"

"For someone not used to that, probably yes." The brunette watched the other girl type the address of the brunch place they were going in the car's navigator and then she took off, driving carefully as promised.

"I don't wanna scare you off. But my life has been really chaotic, Kaylee. Ever since I was little, with losing my parents, to choosing a career I'm not really into, my fucked up relationships. Everything in my life was unpredictable and I grew up following the same pattern."

"You're not scaring me off, because you have patterns to unlearn. We all do. It's just that some patterns are harder than others."

"Thanks, I guess. I needed to hear that you're not leaving."

"I'm still your roommate for the rest of the year, I can't leave even if I wanted to."

"Shut up." Danielle giggles and tries to focus on the road, instead of Kaylee's beautiful smile. After a while of driving towards the beach, they parked the car near a sandy road, where cute little cafe stood in front of the seaside.

"We are here. I hope you're hungry."

"I'm starving, actually.." Kaylee exits the car, tugging on her sleeves as it was mildly windy and cold. Danielle offered her hand again, which the brunette took warmly this time.

"Let's go then. Coffee and croissants, your favourite?"

"My favourite." Kaylee smiles as they enter the little cafe, it was very uniquely decorated with quirky details and a lot of wood work. They settled at an empty table and gave their order to the waitress, after that they remained in silence for a few minutes just starring at each other lovingly.

"I kinda felt things between us were a little tense back at the dorm this morning.." Danielle breaks the silence, and leans towards the table a little bit offering her hands to the brunette who starred down at them on the table.

"That's because they were. I guess you brought me out here to talk, and I'm ready if you are."

"Of course I'm ready, you can tell me anything."  Danielle kinda withdrew her hands seeing that Kaylee wasn't ready for any physical contact but before she took them off the table the brunette grabbed them, squeezing her palms nervously which were getting sweaty.

"I just feel like we rushed things last night. And I get that we were both intoxicated and we wanted it to happen badly, but I know for a fact I didn't want it this way."

"What's wrong with the way it happend? Sorry it's all a blur in my head- did I do something.."

"Well, the fact that it's all blurry in your head makes my case stronger. Danielle you actually ignored me after I practically confessed that I was in love with you, and then you wanted to conquer me like it was the only thing that mattered to you. And the lack of some genuine connection before you pushed me into that freaking wall? You're not like that. What got into you that night?"

Kaylee keeps holding the girl's hands and could feel the woman shuddering and her heart breaking into million pieces after realising what she had done, all the memories coming back into her head.

"I hurt you. In more ways than one." The realization was harsh, and Danielle knew exactly how the brunette felt, but she was doing her absolute best to not cry. She remembered all of it, how disgusted she was with herself when Leo pressured her to have sex, when he treated her with the same lack of respect, she got a terrible pain in her chest as the guilt set in, after realising she had become like her worst enemy and hurt the girl that mattered the most.

Danielle slowly brought Kaylee's hand up to her mouth, to kiss her knuckles as a sign of respect and remorse. "I'm really sorry, baby. I'm sorry for all of it. I shouldn't have ignored your feelings, just because mine were uncertain. I shouldn't drink myself to the point of not remembering making love to you. I shouldn't..have done any of it.."

Kaylee looks at the girl's eyes, noticing the endless blue in them drowning in tears which shattered her heart. She was being genuine, and even though she had forgave her already in her head, she wanted voice her thoughts "I don't think you meant to hurt me, I know it's hard to control your impulses especially when you drink. But for me, this was not the right way. We need to find another way, a better way. And you definitely need to stop drinking that much. Promise me, that?"

"I do, I promise you. Anything to make this hurt less. And I do want to find another way, actually I had something planned for us. I'll show you after breakfast, alright? You're gonna love it."

"Yes, that's fine with me. And hey.." Kaylee pulls one hand away, to wipe the underlying tear on Danielle's left cheek. "I'm okay, please don't cry."

"Are you sure you're okay?"

"It hurts less with time."

"I'll never forgive myself."

"Hey, patterns to unlearn okay?"