31. "Are we making a song?"

My parents have gone home and Ellie finally came home. When she came home I told her everything that happened and she was thrilled. She asked if we were dating and I couldn't answer her because I didn't even know myself. I really like Stephen and I know he likes me, but we never talked about it. I'm sitting here on my bed trying to make a new song as a surprise song for my album. I keep coming up short though.

_____________________________

I texted Stephen in hopes that he would distract me from the song. We started talking and then he asked to FaceTime and I said of course. I hit the FaceTime button on my phone and it rings for a second and then I see his beautiful face fill my screen.

(Bold is Adeline, Italics is Stephen)

Hey gorgeous! how are you?

Hi handsome, Im trying to write a song but I can't figure out a good melody.

Oh babydoll I'm sorry, I have this beat that I never used if you want to hear it.

Oh I'd love to hear it, how come you never used it?

It wasn't a good fit for 'Angel face' or 'Easy on my eyes' so it's been sitting here unused.

Here I'll play it for you now

Ok handsome.

I sit and wait for Stephen to look through the files on his computer until he finds the song. He looks at me, smiles and then hits play. Immediately my ears are overwhelmed with a beautiful little melody. It's an acoustic guitar and a piano in the back. I'm listening and I get up to grab my notebook. I grab it and sit back down in front of my phone. I clear my voice and start to sing the lyrics I wrote down.

What if the winter takes off with the leafs and they don't grow back in spring. That'd be the feeling of my heartbreak fleeting cause I know it's you that I needed.

I start to mumble along with the melody and I finally come back in.

I'm so in love that it's painful, I think you're an angel. With the face of my children, I don't wanna miss it. My whole life through. I was missing you.

Stephen looks at me with joy in his eyes and joins in but freestyles.

What if the stars lost all of their glitter and they fell down from the sky. It'd be like finding you, choosing you, loving you, losing you after searching all my life.

Me and Stephen just look at each other and I think it goes unspoken what happened. The rhythm is amazing, the lyrics are amazing. Stephens voice on it is amazing. I open my mouth to say something but nothing comes out. Finally I'm able to say something.

Are we making a song?

I think we are pretty girl. He laughs as he says

Thank you so much Stephen for helping me with this song, I couldn't have done it without you.

you're welcome Adeline. He looks at me and winks

Stephen and I stay on the phone for several more hours. I love talking to him, it just feels like everything falls into place when I'm with him. I look at the time and see that it's midnight. I tell Stephen goodnight and that we'll talk more about the song tomorrow.

I can't believe I'm making a song with him, This is so prefect. I don't plan on releasing until I'm on tour. I'm considering half way through tour but I'm just so excited that I get to make a song with him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
End of Chapter 31