29. "How your voice could steal my breath"

The next day

Ellie's POV

It's the next day and I'm back in LA. Today is the day that Stephen is planning on apologizing to Addie. Stephen had texted me and told me what time and the location of where everything is going to take place today. I don't know how she'll react but I really hope she isn't mad at me. Speak of the devil, Addie comes out of her room and walks down the stairs.

Adeline's POV

I woke up bright and early in the morning. I have a good feeling about today. I want to go out, I wanna have fun. I want to be able to feel free before I go on tour for my album. I walk downstairs and see Ellie sitting on the couch. I pick up my pace and sit down next to her. I sigh and see looks at me "What is it Addie?" "I wanna go out pretty, I wanna have some fun today." Ellie moves in her spot and is hesitant to respond to me. She's thinking about something I know it.

"Actually you have plans today." "I do?" "Yeah I'm taking you somewhere." "Where?" "It's a surprise." Oh no, Ellie has a surprise for me. This is never good. I hate surprises but Ellie never ever has surprises so I have no idea what to expect. I keep asking her questions about it but she refuses to tell me anything. All she tells me is that we're leaving in 2 hours.

I look at the clock and it's already 5pm and the sun sets at 7:30pm so I quickly run upstairs and pick out an outfit. I'm looking through my closet for what feels like forever and I finally find my outfit.

I put on my outfit and beging to do my hair and makeup. I have no idea what is "too much" in this situation because I don't know what's happening. Before I know it, it's already 7pm. "ADDIE!!!!!" I hear Ellie say from downstairs. I had just finished my makeup and I had looked in the mirror. I finally look at myself again. I get out of my chair at my vanity and head to my door.

I open the door "Yeah els?" "are you ready?" "Uh yeah I think so" I walk downstairs and head to my front door. Ellie lets me out first and she follows behind me and locks the door. "You look so cute Addie." "Thanks babe." We walk towards my car. It's a jeep wrangler and it's emerald green. I love my car so much. I give Ellie my keys and say "you crash my car, you die." She looks at me and laughs as we both get into the car. She types in some random location into the gps and starts to drive towards it.

_____________________________________

We finally make it to the destination and she parks. "Go through the field to the tree right there." I look at her confused. "Are you not coming with me?" "No, this is something you need to do by yourself." I look through my window and see a little path through the daisies right to the tree. "I'll be here the entire time. I won't leave." I think Ellie can tell I'm slightly freaked out right now. I take a deep breath and open my car door. I jump out of my car and turn around to look at Ellie. "This is gonna be really healing for you. Trust me." I nod and close the door.