21. "Next song"

It's been a few days since the drop of 'Take Control' and I've gotten an overwhelming amount of love on it. I absolutely adore 'Take Control' but it's time to get back into the studio to hopefully work on another single or an EP. I haven't been in the studio for awhile so I'm excited to get back in there and record some more. Stephen posted about my song so his fans started listening to it.

I read some comments on the music video and everything is saying that they saw me on stage with Stephen and they fell in love with my voice. I've got a few negative comments saying that I took advantage of Stephen and I'm riding off his fame. I try not to let the comments affect me but they get to me sometimes. A lot of comments were saying that they want a collab between Stephen and I. That's honestly something I've been considering. I feel like it would be fun. I'd have to talk to the team and Stephen to see if they'd want to do it.

I get up and get dressed and head downstairs to go to my car. I grab a protein shake and an energy drink and head to my car. The studio is only a few minutes away from my house. I make it to the studio and I sat down with my manager James and the team at Mercury studio. "So Adeline, we've been thinking about what the theme of your next song could be. Since 'Take Control' was more upbeat and happy, Your next release should be more on the somber side. We want to show people that you can do everything." "Yeah totally, I was thinking about doing a more emotional song. I have a few ideas." "That's great, go ahead and head into the studio and let's hear what you got"

I get up and head to the booth and start doing a few vocal warmups. I put my headphones on and I hear James "Whenever your ready Adeline." I nod and start to think a bit. I don't have any lyrics prepared but James starts to play this beautiful beat. It makes me reflect on my past, maybe this is how I can let go of it. I start to hum along with the beat until I get the lyrics.

"There was a girl
With the toughest of skin
She made sure that everyone around knew that she wasn't sensitive
She walked around
Let nobody in
Though if she never gave her heart away, it'd never end up broken

But boy x, across the street, oh, he was one of a kind
Made her fall in love with only just a look in her eyes
When they wandered off to someone else's for the first time
She cried, and cried, and cried"

I stop singing and I feel myself start to tear up a little bit. "Holy shit Adeline that was amazing. You really put yourself into the song. This is going to be another hit." I take off my headphones and head out of the booth. I get out and everyone looks at me and hugs me. The team is telling me that they can't wait to hear the whole song. I feel so proud of myself and what I'm doing. I would've never thought that I would actually be doing this right now. I thank everyone and head out the door and start heading home. I want this song to be done as soon as possible so I can share it with my friends. I make it home and I get a text from a new number

Text Messages......... New Number

Hey Adeline, it's Stephen

Hey Stephen! What's up?

Adeline changed 'New Number' To Stephen 💛

'New Number' changed Adeline to Adeline ;)

Just wanted to check on you and your song writing. Also Next Saturday is the last show. :)

I was just in the studio recording a new song. This one means a lot to me. Im a little scared to share with it with people. 😖

Adeline, I'm sure the song is going to be killer. You have an amazing voice and a damn good music label. Even if it flops, you'll always have me in your corner. ;)

Thanks Stephen, I have a lot of faith in this song but the story behind it is what scares me. I don't want what people will think.

I totally get that, the same thing happened with me for 'Until I found you' Im sure you know that I wrote it about an ex girlfriend. But that song blew up and I'm where I am now because of it. I know it's scary but I have so much faith in you darling. You can do anything.

Thank you 😭

Ok I have to go sadly, I need to finish writing the lyrics and I need to post about the song on Insta. It was fun talking Stephen :)

As always gorgeous ;)

Talk soon :)

End of Conversation

It's so weird having Stephen just randomly text me but he calms me down so fast. He could say one thing and I'd immediately be ok. I need to spend the next few days writing and being in the studio recording so the song can come out sooner. I decided to take some pictures and post on Instagram.

liked by christophersturniolo, stephensanchezoffical, els

liked by christophersturniolo, stephensanchezoffical, els.jackson, matthew.sturniolo, jessehoule_ and others

addie.mon: Hi babies, New song in the works currently. Can't wait for y'all to hear it

els.jackson: Cant wait for it to come out girly 🫶
addie.mon 😘

stephensanchezoffical: I already know it's going to be amazing :)
addie.mon: Thanks Stephen :)

fan1: Take control was soooo good! can't wait for this one

fan2: Adeline is gonna be the next Taylor Swift

christophersturniolo: So so proud of you Addie Mae!
addie.mon: Thanks Chrissy Lou!

view all comments