Mia makes a mental note to buy him a gift, and turns back to Jungkook. The corridor is empty now, save for the two of them. 

Jungkook clears his throat. "Mia," he begins, his voice soft and deep. "I-"

"Not here," she cuts him off, turning on her heel and shooting him a look over her shoulder. "Follow me. Mr. Jeon."

She doesn't give him a chance to absorb the bite in her tone. She is walking briskly down the hallway, Jungkook trailing behind her. The students in each classroom laugh as they pass, clearly still spying on the handsome new teacher, but Mia ignores them. One thing at a time. 

She strides towards her office, waiting for him to enter and flinging the door shut. It's only when they've been there for a full five seconds, gazing at one another, that she speaks.

"Okay," she says eventually, crossing her arms. "Explain."

Jungkook takes a deep breath, fumbling with the zip of his top. It's only now, somehow, that Mia realises his outfit has changed once again. Now, he's wearing the same outfit Jimin wears to school, along with all of the other sports staff; a black half-zip sweatshirt with matching track pants, emblazoned with the school logo. He looks like something out a high school romcom.

Seriously? Mia curses whatever god make this man so beautiful in human form. Can this man carry off anything he wears?

"Mia," Jungkook's voice pulls her out of these thoughts, thankfully. "I want to say first of all that I am so sorry."

This shocks her. If anyone should be apologising it's her - not him. "You're sorry? For what?"

Jungkook blinks, as if it's obvious. "For... the things you accused me of the other night. I think you were right. I should have been there for you."

Mia softens inside. She is ashamed now of how she has made him feel. She's managed to make an angel feel guilty.

"No," she admits, lowering her eyes. "It was my fault. I took out all my anger at seeing Jaehyun on you. That was the first time I've ever seen him with someone else and... I couldn't take it."

Jungkook doesn't lift his gaze from her. She takes a deep breath and continues. 

"I know you're a busy man. Well - angel. And I know you probably had better places to be than dealing with a heartbroken woman. It was a massive overreaction and... I'm sorry," she finishes.

"There is no need to apologise, Mia. You were forgiven well before today," he says. "And I know you felt pressured by how quickly I wanted this over with. That was wrong of me."

His honesty makes her want to be honest too. A little too honest, maybe.

"I wasn't sure," she admits, mumbling in addition - "when you didn't show up this weekend..."

Jungkook seems to sense the end of that sentence - he knows, now, that she had thought he had given up on her entirely. Instead of mocking her for this, he takes a step towards her, and slips his hand into hers. 

With anyone else - with a human man - Mia knows this gesture would mean something very different. But with him, it's a show of solidarity. 

He thinks nothing of this. He has realised that it calms her, so he's doing it to reassure her. Nothing more. She knows that.

It doesn't stop her from relishing in the warmth of his palm against hers.

"Is this our thing now?" she laughs off the awkwardness. "Holding hands to show we're sorry?"