Pequeño pt. 2 - Alexia Putellas

*

"Amor, estàs preparat?".

"Sólo un segundo!" you reply, straining but once again finding a baby bump makes it rather hard to reach your feet and upon hearing the struggle in your voice, the midfielder makes a b-line for your shared bedroom. "Need some help?" she smirks, rather enjoying the view of you attempting to bend your leg in a direction it definitely doesn't want to go, "porfa" you sigh, relieved at the appearance of your wife and resting back on your arms as Alexia secures the buckle.

"Perfecte" she smiles, softly kissing the skin on the inside of your ankle and straightening up to kiss your growing bump before pressing her lips to yours, "not long to go cariño" she sings.

"I can't wait to see my feet again!" you exhale, laughing when the midfielder lifts your leg high enough up for you to see, your toes wiggling for effect and then gently sets it down, offering up her hands to guide you from a seated to a standing position. Alexia's hands drop straight to your bump, eyes shining when your son kicks out several times, the space inside becoming more and more cramped with every passing day.

Seeing your skin move with the evidence of the growing life inside mesmerised your wife, she swears she could watch your bump for hours and never get bored knowing the precious bundle of joy that lay on the other side.

Her biggest regret during this pregnancy was all the lost evenings where she was unable to talk to your bump face to face and tell the baby everything that happened in her day, both the exciting and the slightly more mundane. During the World Cup you had FaceTimed at all hours of the day and night, the time difference not something you were aware of before now and your wife had still been able to update you and the bump on her day, but it wasn't the same.

"Estas lejos, vuelve a mi" Alexia focuses on your voice and reestablishes herself in the present, concern painted across your features as she leans into your touch, "t'estimo" she whispers.

"Te amo mucho pero, we better go. Your mami and Alba will be wondering where we are" you chuckle as she takes your hand in hers, the size of the captain's dwarfing your own and pulls you out into the Spanish sunshine.