Old wives tale - Fridolina Rolfö

Prompt - Reader plays against her wife in the UWCL final but everyone assumes they are siblings.

*

(Swedish in italics, Italian in bold)

"Y/N you're phone is buzzing. Make it stop".

You take a second to register Amanda's voice, opening your eyes to the darkness and rolling over, noticing said phone lighting up on the bedside table.

Frida 💍 would like to FaceTime.

"Sorry".

You clamber out of the covers and head out onto the balcony, wincing slightly as you step into the sunlight and accept the call, "godmorgon älsking" Frida smiles.

Even after all the years you've spent together, you still find yourself lost in her smiles, the Barcelona player pulling you out of your thoughts with a small cough, "you know it's wrong to fraternise with the enemy, especially at this hour" you yawn, "babe, it's half past eight in the morning" she laughs and you shrug.

"I can't help it, you know I'm not a morning person".

Frida's face lights up again and warmth fills your body, happy that she's happy but actively aware of the fact that by this evening, one of you will be decidedly happier than the other.

"Are you looking forward to today?" she asks, reading your expression, "yes and no" you answer and she frowns, "I'm happy to be here and glad that we got to the final, but I don't think I'll be able to handle the look on your face if you lose".

"I'll be happy for you whatever the outcome, just remember that" Frida reassures me, "well you better be prepared for when we beat you, we have the home advantage" you smirk.

"Y/N! Breakfast!".

Amanda appears at the door, looking frustrated, "hi Mrs Rolfö" she grins over your shoulder as Frida gives her a small wave and then says her goodbyes, wishing you good luck and blowing you a small kiss at the camera.

*

"First of all, no matter what happens tonight, I want to say that I am very proud of every single one of you. We have got to the final of the Champions League and whether we win this thing or not, you should be extremely proud to get this club here in just our fifth year" Sara starts, looking around at every single one player.

"Tonight will be a game to remember, but I would like to remember it for the right reasons" she smiles.

You all give each other some last minute encouragement before you follow your teammates in the tunnel and slot in behind Amanda. Your eyes start searching the Barcelona line for a glimpse of the Swede who owns your heart, frowning when your unable to locate her, that is until you feel a warm hand on your back and a familiar scent takes over, warm breath tickling your ear.

"Good luck kärlek" Frida whispers, kissing your cheek before retreating to her side of the tunnel.

"You too älskling" you smile reaching out to hold her hand for a few precious seconds before the ref orders the teams to walk out.