Chapter 58 Know the enemy

Start from the beginning

Zhou Niannan's eyes turned red, and he agreed with a smile, "Don't worry Brother. I will take good care of mother, but you and father should be careful and pay attention to safety when fighting the Beidi barbarians."

Zhou Nianbei said heartily: "In the past ten years, the Beidi barbarians have been pinned to the ground and beaten by our Zhou family army. There have long been no development prospects. I think it will not take a few years for my father and I to return to the court."

Most of the people in Beidi are nomadic people. They have not unified the dynasty and still live in tribal groups on the prairie. Not only do they covet the territory of Da Qi, there are also constant competitions between tribes for resources. There will be a fight every two or three months. In the long run, the tribes are incompatible with each other. What capital do they have to fight against Da Qi's elite troops?

Zhou Niannan was curious, "Is there no powerful general among them?"

Zhou Nianbei said: "There are many tribes in Beidi. Previously, the three tribes of Abagong, Shuote, and Dan'er Tuhu were the strongest. However, they have serious internal conflicts. Three years ago, Abagong was annihilated by Shuote. The leader of Shuote, Namang, intended to unify Beidi. Unexpectedly, his confidant Luo Han colluded with Prince Zhabie of Dan'er Tuhu. They killed all of Shuote's people in one night. Zhabie originally wanted to use this as his merit to obtain recognition from his father, Nadai. However, on the grounds that he was vicious and merciless, Nadai said that he was not worthy to serve as a reserve, so he executed Luo Han and expelled him from the tribe..."

Cui Muli, who had been silent all this time, suddenly said: "What then?"

Zhou Nianbei took a sip of wine to moisten his throat, and then said: "Zhabie was naturally unwilling. He colluded with other forces to poison the food and killed his father, wives, concubines, and sons. But he was not spared either. He was killed on the spot. His throat was cut and he died."

Zhou Niannan was so engrossed in listening that he even forgot to put the wine glass to his mouth which he'd raised halfway up, "So, Dan'er Tuhu was also annihilated?"

"No." Zhou Nianbei laughed slowly, "All of Nadai's sons are dead, but a few princesses are left behind. Among them, the third princess is fifteen years old and named Zhu Keqin. It is said that she is a stunning beauty. The elders of Dan'er Tuhu elected her as their leader and even swore to the shaman god that they would follow and be loyal to her forever."

Zhou Niannan snorted with a look of disdain, "A fifteen-year-old princess becomes the leader? She is just a puppet of the old guys."

Cui Muli said, "That's not necessarily the case."

Zhou Nianbei was quite interested, "Where do you start talking about this?"

Cui Muli said: "Although I have never been to Beidi, I have heard about several elders of Dan'er Tuhu for a long time. They were once the most brave and adept warriors on the prairie, and they were loyal to Nadai. Since Nadai died, they could have dispersed, but they did not choose to leave. Instead, they swore allegiance to Zhu Keqin...and especially to the shaman god. You know that the prairie people believes in the shaman god and would never make promises to him easily. "

Zhou Nianbei had never paid attention to such details before. After hearing this, he pondered for a moment, and his expression became more solemn. "After returning to Northern Xinjiang, I will send someone to inquire about the information and find out details of this little princess."

"It's best if nothing happens. If something unexpected happens, then we must be on guard." Cui Muli said, "Brother Nianbei and Lord Marquis are in an important border pass. No detail can be taken lightly."