Chapter 58 Know the enemy

Start from the beginning

...and so on.

After some time, Cui Xining suddenly ran crying to see Old Master Cui, and then Cui Shida hurried to the Taifu's courtyard. Others did not know the content of their conversation, but could only faintly hear Old Master Cui's angry scolding. Cui Shida had some weak and quibbling words at first, but in the end, he just stayed silent and received a lecture.

Afterwards, Madam Li no longer walked around with Madam Right Prime Minister, and Cui Xining no longer had to sit at the same table with Third Young Master Gu.

Xie Miao couldn't help but admire Cui Muli's methods.

Look, the number one scholar is doing something extraordinary. Nowadays, Cui Xining and Sun Shenyuan's affairs are not only very likely, but they are also in good shape.

In this regard, Xie Miao said: I feel comfortable.

With Cui Muli taking full charge of this matter, she didn't need to worry at all. Maybe one day she would wake up at noon and hear the good news that the two of them are engaged.

She calculated with her fingers: the paper mill was stable, Qiaogu had Fang Zhiruo to take care of her, Cui Xining and Sun Shenyuan were expected to have a good life, and Madam Xie was about to give birth...

Wait a little longer, when Madam Xie gives birth to her younger brother and when she settles her past, that will be the moment when she truly succeeds and retires. As for avoiding future disasters for Dingyuan Marquis Mansion and Cui Mansion, it is simple to just send a message to Cui Muli.

The capable work more.

*

Cui Muli, a capable person, is indeed very busy.

Before Marquis Dingyuan and his son left the capital, Cui Muli held a banquet to celebrate the occasion. The three Zhou family members, father and sons, as well as Zou Yuandao, all gave face and were present.

During the dinner, Marquis Dingyuan and Zou Yuandao drank together and recalled the past. At that time, the two of them were young and strong. They went to the battlefield side by side and killed the enemy with their swords. It was so exciting! In the blink of an eye, more than thirty years have passed by, like clouds and smoke, and there are thousands of endless words, but as the poem says -

Drunk, I brightened up the lamp

To examine the sword with my name

In my dream, I heard war horns sounding –

From battalions to battalions resounding!

Under the Marshall's great banner,

The armies marched for eight hundred miles.

The fifty-string instrument playing with frontiers rhythm;

Reviewing the troops on the battleground in Autumn.

The fine horses charged forth like lightning,

Like thunders, myriad bow-strings roaring.

To wrap up the Emperor's state affairs –

To gain great glory I was willing to die,

Alas! Just a white-haired old man now I am!

(quoted from the document "Po Zhenzi – Composing a strong poem for Chen Tongfu to send it to")

Ambition is hard to achieve, heroes languish, and there is inescapable sighing and despair.

The three juniors also have parting worries.

Zhou Nianbei followed Marquis Dingyuan into battle to kill enemies since he was a child. After getting married, his wife and children stayed in northern Xinjiang together. He felt ashamed that he had not been filial to his mother, so he could only tell his younger brother, Zhou Niannan, to be more attentive to his mother.