chapter21- First kiss

Ahmed's POV

As Annie struggled to regain control, the tension in the room reached a boiling point. Her panic escalated, her breaths coming in short, erratic gasps, her body trembling in my arms.

Her tears were soaking my shirt, as I stroked her hair, soon her silent cries turned into heavy sobs

I felt a surge of helplessness wash over me as I held her close, my heart breaking at the sight of her distress. Desperation fueled my actions as I tried to soothe her, but it seemed as though nothing could calm the storm raging within her.

"Bas, Meri jaan bas shhhh, bas chup, kuch nhi hone do ga mene tumhe, Idhar dekho...... princess bas..." I wishperd cupping her face

"H-he said that if anyone found out h-he will kill me, n-no please h-he will kill me, i-i don't want to die, please save m-me, I don't want to di-"

I cut her off placing my palms on her lips"shhh bas, he won't do anything, I will kill him before he touches you again", she continued to sob painfully

Just then, the sound of footsteps echoed from the hallway, growing louder with each passing moment. My pulse quickened, dread pooling in the pit of my stomach as I realized we were no longer alone.

The door burst open, kashaf rushed into the room, her eyes wide with alarm as she took in the scene before her. "Bhai Kya hua ha?" she demanded, her voice tinged with concern.

I looked up at her, my own eyes filled with fear and uncertainty. "She's having a panic attack " I explained, my voice shaking with emotion. "I don't know what to do."

Kashaf's expression softened with compassion as she rushed to Annie's side, her hands gentle as she reached out to comfort her. "Annie, Annie listen bas shhhhh, sab thk ho Jaye ga, calm down" she murmured soothingly, her voice a calming presence in the chaos.

Nothing seemed to calm her down, so I took charge. ''Kashaf, tum jao, hmm? Me sambhal lo ga, and make sure no one comes on this floor,' I pleaded, my voice tinged with urgency and concern. Kashaf nodded with hesitation

But then, a sudden shift in her expression caught my attention, her eyes widening with a mix of shock and realization. Instinctively, I followed her gaze, my heart skipping a beat as I saw Behram's phone still displaying the damning pictures.

"T-to apko pata chal gaya," Kashaf whispered, her voice barely above a whisper, her words carrying the weight of a heavy truth. My heart sank at the confirmation that Kashaf knew, that she was aware of what Behram had been doing to Annie.

In that moment, a wave of determination washed over me. "Tumse me baad me baat karta ho," I said sternly, my tone leaving no room for argument as I made it clear that this conversation was far from over. Kashaf nodded, her face etched with fear and uncertainty, and with a final glance, she hurriedly left the room

I glanced back at Anaya, her fingers clutching onto the fabric of my shirt, her knuckles turning white with tension. Without a moment's hesitation, I swept her up into my arms, cradling her close in a protective embrace as I carried her with careful steps into my room.

Setting her down gently on the bed, I ensured she was comfortable before turning to fetch a glass of water. Returning to her side, I settled beside her, the mattress dipping slightly under our combined weight. Wrapping my arms around her waist, I drew her close, offering both physical and emotional support.