22 - Is This Really That Bad?

—ParkCo

—ParkCo. Jihyo's Office— Tuesday, September 3rd, XX35, 2:00 PM, the next day
[Jihyo's POV]

(I still need to find two more spies...? Who are they...? Time is running out...)

The day where Jihyo had to confront Momo was nearing closer by the minute. Though they had made many discoveries about the employees of ParkCo., many of the findings were not relevant enough to be considered evidence of their betrayal.

The only person Jihyo was almost entirely certain of being a spy was Myoui Mina. Several others have been found to have some relation to her and Momo, but they didn't have enough available information for Jihyo to hold them liable.

Worried, Jihyo has arranged for Mina to be temporarily suspended from the office. To prevent suspicion if innocent, she was told that she had been granted sudden vacation time due to her exceptional performance and would still receive her expected salary.

It wasn't the best course of action, but it was fine for the time being.

Not only that, but they haven't been able to get ahold of Nayeon, ever since two days ago. She hasn't responded to any of Jihyo's, Jeongyeon's, or Dahyun's messages, though they were marked as "Read".

Still, it was a surprise when Jihyo came into the office, hearing people say that they saw Nayeon come in to work the day prior. It appeared that even though she didn't want to face Jihyo, she didn't abandon ParkCo.

Believing Nayeon would do the same today, Jeongyeon was currently at her office, attempting to speak with her.

Entirely spaced out, Jihyo jumps in her seat when there's a sudden knock on her door.

(Is Jeongyeon back?) she thinks. The thought is quickly thrown out the window, once she hears the voice of the other side.

"Sis...? Can I come in?"

(Oh... it's Dahyun.)

"Yeah, come in," Jihyo sighs.

Dahyun quickly slips inside and makes her way to Jihyo.

"What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to see if you needed some help... maybe?"

"Dahyun..." Jihyo was going to reject her as usual but decided that she had had enough alone time today. "Actually, I could use some company."

Dahyun smiles and sits in a seat across from Jihyo's desk.

"So... how are you handling everything...?"

"As best as I could be, I guess... I mean, with my reputation on the line, it hasn't been particularly easy."

"That's true..."

There's a brief moment of silence before she speaks again.

"Hey... what are you going to do if the company does end up going down?"