18 - Company Dinner

—Private Dining Room— Friday, August 30th, XX35, 8:00 PM, the next day[Sana's POV]

[Sana's POV]

Sana didn't expect there to be so many people there. All she had been informed was that there would be a dinner, rewarding the people who performed exceptionally well at work. The large room had four big round tables, each seating about fifteen people.

"Sana, you okay? You're a bit quiet today."

"Oh yeah, I'm just super hungry. I can't wait until the food gets here~! Thanks for asking though, Yunjin."

Large company gatherings weren't her thing, but she felt better knowing that her co-workers were there too.

"It's a shame that Chaeyoung couldn't come," Somi frowns. "I know she isn't in our department technically, but she still should've been invited."

"Right~? It's unfair!" Yunjin adds.

"Let's enjoy ourselves for Chaeyoung's sake too!" Sakura says.

"Yeah, let's all eat lots of yummy food tonight." Tzuyu smiles.

Everyone agrees, and they continue talking and meeting some new people. The dining room is filled with chatter, even after the food and drinks are served.

Everything seemed to be going great. There was lots of food and drinks, people were enjoying themselves, and Sana had introduced herself to many new people.

Still, she couldn't help but feel disappointed that she hadn't gotten a chance to talk with Jihyo.

(There are too many people trying to talk to Jihyo. Anyone can tell by looking at them, that they're just trying to get on her good side to score promotions!)

It's true. Jihyo was surrounded by a group of workers who didn't even try to make it look like they had other intentions. Jihyo was sitting at the farthest table, too. Despite her fit of annoyance, Sana remembers to calm herself down.

(It's fine, Jihyo's too smart for that. Besides, I know I'm closer to her than all these other people are.)

Knowing this, Sana quickly changed to have a smile on her face.

"Hey, everyone", Sana hears across the table. "Cheers!"

Everyone, including Sana, cheers and drinks from their glasses. It was a social gathering, so it was expected that they would have to drink alcohol at some point.

. . .

—TIME SKIP— 8:45 PM, 45 mins later