01 - The Interview

—ParkCo

—ParkCo. Interview Room— Monday, July 15th, XX35, 5:26 PM
[Jihyo's POV]

"Ms. Park, there are two more interviewees to get through, and then we'll be done for today. As for people who did not show up, it totals to four people."

*sigh* "Thank you for the rundown Ms. Myoui. Please have someone send those four people an email tomorrow morning stating they weren't hired, as well as won't be considered for future positions in this company. It's highly unprofessional to be a no-show, on top of providing no previous notice as an explanation for their absences", Jihyo states.

"Of course, right away Ma'am", replied Ms. Myoui.

Jihyo readjusts her position in her chair, then turns her attention towards the door in front of them.

"Ms. Yoo! Please have the last two interviewees come in."
Just a second later, a voice replies, "You got it, boss", from the other side of the door.

A few moments later, two women walk through the door. One who's tall and seems to have a timid aura, dressed in a basic black suit. The other has a more colourful appearance; a skirt and dress suit that's a toned-down pink colour, along with a confident and bright aura.

One after the other, the women bow and shake hands with the two interviewers, before introducing themselves:

"Hello, nice to meet you, my name is Chou Tzuyu", the taller of the two says.

Followed by, "Hi, it's a pleasure to meet you two, my name is Minatozaki Sana", the other woman says,

before both taking a seat across from the interviewers.

"Thank you for the introductions, Ms. Minatozaki and Ms. Chou. My name is Myoui Mina, and I'll be your main interviewer today. I have been in this company for 5 years, so I've come to acquire a large amount of experience that qualifies me to interview you today."

Mina then gestures over to Jihyo, "This is Ms. Park Jihyo, the CEO of the company"

Sana and Tzuyu turn to face Jihyo, with looks that she quickly recognizes to be sudden intimidation, masked behind a friendly yet cautious smile. Jihyo smiles back, giving a little head nod of recognition towards them both.

Mina continues, "She'll be watching the interviewing process, but will ask a few individual questions for you two near the end. Do either of you have any questions for me before we start?"

There's a few seconds of silence, which Mina quickly follows with, "Okay then, let's get started"

. . .

—TIME SKIP— 6:13 PM, 1 hour later

"Thank you for your time today Ms. Minatozaki and Ms. Chou. We'll contact you in 5-8 days, about whether you've received the jobs and other details about questions you may have", Mina concludes.

The two women bow and shake hands while thanking Mina and Jihyo, before simultaneously leaving the room.

"I appreciate your time today too, Ms. Myoui. Please handle those documents and hand them over to me by the end of the week", Jihyo requested.

"Will do, Ms. Park, I'm pleasured to have made your acquaintance", Mina replies. As Mina stands, about to leave, she says "Oh, another thing Ms. Park."

"Yes, what is it, Ms. Myoui?" Jihyo looks back up at Mina.

"I can tell that Ms. Chou, might not have been as up to your standards as some of the other people today, but I would like to vouch for her becoming a new employee", Mina says.

Jihyo has never seen Mina personally vouch for anyone in the company before, much rather a new, young, and inexperienced interviewee. "Oh, I see. Well then, might I ask the reason, you want to vouch for Ms. Chou in particular?"

There's silence for a moment before Mina responds, "Ms. Chou is an acquaintance of mine, and I've seen her make many efforts to improve and educate herself. I know that there are still many things that need to be improved on, but she has the potential to become a very important asset to this company. If necessary, I can also personally supervise her to make sure she's up to par with her coworkers. I just wish that when you decide on our new employees, you take what I've said into consideration."

(Woah, she's really serious about this..) "Hm, I understand. Don't worry Ms. Myoui, I'll keep what you've said in mind", Jihyo says with a smile.

"Thank you, Ms. Park. Farewell then", Mina says before bowing and leaving the room.

All who was left in the room was Jihyo, who sat in a few seconds of silence before stretching.

"Aghhh~~ I'm so tired. Jeongyeon, you can come in now too, you should take a break from standing", Jihyo sighed.

Suddenly, the door quickly swung open and closed, and a woman in a suit wobbled in.

"Jihyo~oo, you gotta let me take more breaks~. My legs are going numb from standing there for so long", Jeongyeon protested, before stumbling into the seat across from Jihyo and taking a deep breath.

"Ms. Yoo, you're my assistant and bodyguard, it's natural that you should stand guard for me", Jihyo sarcastically explains.

"Yes, yes, whatever you say, Ms. Park", Jeongyeon sarcastically replies. "Oh, and I just have to say this now we're the only ones here."

Jeongyeon stops, leans close to Jihyo's ear, and whispers, "Wasn't that Ms. Minatozaki, totally your type??"

Jihyo pushes Jeongyeon back into her seat and stands up with a blush.

"Hey! Knock it off, that's no way to speak to your boss, Ms. Yoo", Jihyo says while trying to cover her flustered expression.

"Come on Jihyo, stop calling me "Ms. Yoo" alone. And judging by your expression, I was right~ She's totally your type~", Jeongyeon teased while making heart shapes with her fingers.

"Haha, very funny. I'm going to wrap up some things in my office, go find a girlfriend for yourself in the meantime." Jihyo playfully punches Jeongyeon in the shoulder, then quickly runs out of the room, shutting the door behind her.

"HEY! I'LL GET YOU BACK FOR THIS!", Jeongyeon shouts after her. "Stupid Jihyo."

. . .

[A/N: jeonghyo teasing each other is always fun~. also ik this part is short, the others will be longer i promise •_•; ]