Chapter 10 - Moving On

Hey guys! So sorry for this late upload, but most importantly I have to tell you guys in advance that this is the LAST chapter for this story. Some might feel it's sudden, while others might think it's the correct time to end this book; I honestly don't know if this book should've ended here, but I'll let you judge that at the end of this chapter. thank you so much for being patient and for supporting me and I hope you'll enjoy this last chapter!

happy reading!

Chapter 10 – Moving On

[Crystal's POV]

A week has passed since the awful event. I still couldn't believe Karl had tried to rape me. However I'm glad he apologized to me even though he still ended up serving some time in jail.

Another matter that is stuck in my head is Justin's invitation to his place. He wants me to leave Cali and go to his place, wherever that is! However I am the one who made him say that. I was so scared which made me say things I didn't really mean. Justin is leaving tomorrow and I still didn't give him an answer. I need to talk to him soon.

"So what are you planning on doing?" Raven asked as she flipped through the magazine's pages.

"I don't know." I said honestly. I really want to live with Justin, but I don't want to leave my father, Raven or Cali. There are a million reasons why I should leave this place filled with so many dark memories, but I always find those few happy memories that convince me to stay.

"Well you have to decide soon since they're leaving tomorrow morning." Raven said.

"What are you and Quinn going to do?" I asked my best friend. She's going through a similar situation, so her decision might help me take mine.

"We decided to have a long distances relationship for this semester and then Quinn is moving back here." Raven said without removing her eyes from the pages of the magazine.

"So Quinn is finishing his studies here?" I asked feeling happy that my best friend has finally found someone for her.

"Yeah. Since his father lives here anyways, he's just going to move here."

"You're so lucky. I'm so happy for you." I told her honestly and Raven looked up at me and smiled gently.

"Well you're lucky too. There's a nice guy who's madly in love with you. You can have it all if you go with him. You'll forget all those horrible nights and you can start all over. A new town with new friends; it'll be good for you." Raven encouraged.

"Yeah but what about you? What about my dad? I can't leave the two most important people and go after a guy!" I said.

"Do you think we wouldn't miss you? Of course we'll miss you, but I think this would be better for you Crystal. I hate seeing you depressed and scared and Justin can make all of that disappear." Raven explained as she sat beside me on my bed. I leaned my head on her shoulder and sighed. I have no idea what to do.