Chapter 10 Syndicate Part II

Start from the beginning

"NOOO, MORADO, Please, HELP ME," Indigo screams. She screams so loud it makes my ears ring.

I hold on to her as thousands of rounds pound against my shield. It'll wear down soon and we'll both be shredded like meat.

"Excellent, slaughter him and I might be able to say I'm proud of my daughter," the man above us says smiling.

     I hold Indigo close trying to comfort her as my shield starts to flicker. I guess this is the end for us.

     "I'm sorry Morado, I was hungry and ate all the chips," Indigo says crying into my chest.

     "It's ok Indigo, I got those chips for you and Zoey anyway," I say petting her head.

     Lead pounds against my shield as it struggles. I grip Indigo tight waiting for the inevitable.

     ...

     Grizzbolt's mini gun slows to a stop. I can feel the entire tower vibrating. Maybe it's an earthquake? A strange rift opens above pulling the top of the tower in. I can see daylight, and I can see. Moon?

     Moon descends upon us. She places herself in between me and Zoey.

    "I knew you meant him harm," Moon says in a strange voice.

    "I'm part of the Syndicate, what did you think would happen?" Zoey yells.

     "You can't have him, he's mine!" Moon yells.

     "Grizzbolt, you know what to do," Zoey says.

    "Grizzly- shredder," Grizzbolt says and the mini gun spins up.

     "That's nothing to me," Moon says floating higher.

    The minigun fires and Moon stops all the bullets mid air. They clank as they hit the ground. Moon raises her right arm.

     Moon used master dark flame blade strike.

    Grizzbolt falls back as a large black blade slices into her. She struggles to shove her guts back into her belly. Moon's blade cut through everything and hit Grizzbolt directly.

     "Die Syndicate," Moon says holding up another blade.

     The blade hits Zoey depleting her shield and forcing her to the ground. She's holding her head as I run over to her.

     "Pathetic, you're no daughter of mine," Zoey's supposed father says and exits the ruined tower.

     Moon starts to absorb the energy around her forming a massive glowing sphere. I wrap myself around Zoey. She might be my enemy in this battle, but I still see her as a friend.

     "Moon, stop!" I yell.

It's too late. She fires the sphere and I close my eyes. The attack never connects and I look up at Dr. PAL shielding us with some strange technology. He tosses me Moon's sphere.

"This is the last time we meet as friends, good-luck kid, you'll need it," he says floating up to the platform.

What technology does he have? And what did he do to Moon?

Morado I'm falling. Morado, help me. Morado.

I turn and run towards Moon as she falls from the air. I dive onto the ground catching her. She looks over and smiles petting my head.

     "Home, I want, home," Moon says losing consciousness.

     Dr. PAL fixes everyone up before his lab disappears. I wouldn't let him touch Moon though. He's done enough to her. I don't want him near her until I know what happened.