Chapter 2

Ethan Northstorm
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vera's pov

I was in shock. I couldn't accept the fact that Ethan Northstorm had just spoke, now you're probably thinking what's the big deal but I have never once in my life heard this guy talk so I was a little surprised.

"What's wrong cat got your tongue?" Ethan asked while smirking. Something inside me just snapped I pushed Ethan off of me and moved away from him creating distance between us.

"I'll have you know no cat has got my tongue now are you going to tell me why you Kidnapped me into a classroom" I asked while putting my hands on my hips.

"Well I was going to say so I could ask you about the History project but that would be lying. So the real reason I brought you in here is to tell you to stop flirting with the school jocks" Ethan said. Wow how straight forward.

"Excuse you but some of those are my friends and don't flirt with my friends" I said while shooting glares at him.

"I don't care if their your friends tell them to back off" Ethan said while taking a step forward. I held my ground and didn't move a single muscle.

"And why would I do that" I asked. Ethan took another step forward now the only distance between us was about an arms length long.

"Because I don't like other people messing with stuff that is mine" Ethan said while taking another step forward so that him and me were merely an inch apart.

"First of all, I'm no ones, second I will flirt with who ever I want so get used to it" I said while I was about to walk out before his arm caught my wrist.

"Oh Vera you don't get it do you, I always get what I want, and currently I have my sights set on you" Ethan said. I ripped my arm you of his grasp and walked out the door but before I was fully out I turned back to look at him. He had determination written all over his features. He also said something before I could slip out of the classroom.

"See you at your house for the history project" Ethan said while smirking. I walked out and headed to my next class. The last two periods went by in a blur and before I knew it I was in the parking lot surrounded by our friends and some of Ryder's friends from Lacrosse.

As soon as Ryder saw me he pulled me up beside him and kept and arm around my shoulder. Even though Ryder was my best friend and I his to others we apparently acted very, couple material but we didn't really mind since it was pretty much natural behavior for us.

I felt an hand rest on my leg and I looked over at the culprit Ollie. I pushed his hand off and shot him a playful glare but he already new not to do that again.

"What up Ollie" I asked while grabbing his Lacrosse stick and swinging it around.

"Nothing much" Ollie said.

"Do you guys have practice" I asked referring to the stick.

"Oh no, just a couple of me and my friends are going to play around after school and Ryder probably would've been a part of that to but he's more dedicated to you and the history project then me and Lacrosse." Ollie said while taking his stick back and tossing it around with himself.

"Is someone jealous" I asked while smirking.

"Why would I be jealous" Ollie asked.

"Because Ryder would rather do a history project with me then play lacrosse with you. And I know for a fact that he hates history with a burning passion" I said.

Ollie leaned in and whispered. "Because he's madly in love with you" Ollie said then pulling back. I just laughed, there was no way Ryder would ever have a crush on me, I thought of him as a brother and a best friend, nothing more nothing less.