Chapter 30

With Amora

"Marry You?!" I said in shock "Yes!, it just so happens I'm in the market for a wife, money is no issue for me I have a lot so you can live comfortably I just need you to have my successor" he said My face went pale as I looked at him in complete shock. We've only just met one another and he's asking me to marry him and have his children?!. I don't even know this man!.

"Hm?, Your face is pale did I say something wrong?" He asked. Did you say something wrong?, Sir You Just Asked A Stranger To Marry You And Have Your Children!?!, just then he reached out about to touch my face when suddenly his hand was thrown away. "I'd suggest you take a considerable amount of steps back lord Rosevill" growled a voice I looked up to see his grace the Duke holding me firmly in his arms as he glared at Lord Roseville. Lord Roseville looked genuinely confused by Raul's sudden protectiveness.

"Your grace? I was just on my way to come and see you!" Said Lord Roseville with a genuine smile. "Well it sure looked like you were taking your time" he said. "Ah yes well I saw something unusually beautiful in the Duchess garden and had to come see it for myself" said Lord Roseville before glancing at me his sharp crystal blue eyes pricing into mine. "Oh is that so?" Said His grace as his eyes twitched with an annoyed smile that was clearly forced. "Well since you're back Lord Roseville why don't we catch up in the drawing room?" Asked Raul.

Lord Roseville once again glanced at me but this time it was as if he was wondering or confused about something. "Yes! That would be great" said Lord Roseville.

Location; East Wing
Grand Dukes palace
Drawing room:

"Lady Amora I wasn't unaware that you and the Duke were familiar with one another" said lord Roseville as he sipped his tea. "Ah yes, well um" I said nervously. I don't know why I was suddenly so embarrassed to say the words, We're married.

Just then Raul grabbed my hand and interlocked our fingers together. "We're more then just Familiar with one another, in fact we're married" he said staring at Lord Roseville intensely.

"Married?!" Lord Roseville Repeated completely shocked by the news. "Yes Amora is the new Duchess of Romiro" said Raul Smugly in a bragging manner. "This can't be true, You married? Your Mr I hate all women how can you be married?!?" Said Lord Roseville. I looked up at Raul who seemed embarrassed by his words. Just then Raul cleared his throat "I said no such things" said Raul. "What?, yes you d-" said Lord Roseville but was suddenly cut off. "Ow!, What was that for?!" Asked Lord Roseville "My apologies my feet must've slipped" said Raul as he stared Lord Roseville down with a look that could kill.

Lord Roseville cleared his throat "Right anyways, I must apologize madam I fear that I was out of line earlier" he said bowing his head to me. I waved my hands "It's fine really it was a mistake" I said he smirked before lifting his head completely.

"Lord Roseville here is my personal aid, he often helps with my workload both as commander of the imperial army and the Duke of Romiro" Raul explained to me. Oh so that's why Sir Lance didn't seem to be on high alert like usual when lord Roseville had suddenly approached me in the garden. "Yes but I've been away for a while on official duties at my domain following the passing of my father, because my domain is almost completely secluded from the capital and other areas within the empire we hardly get news on time considering the fact that the only why to get there is by traveling for 4 days by boat, I had no way of knowing about you and his graces marriage beforehand" said lord Roseville.

It's odd he seems sorry but at the same time he doesn't, it was as if he didn't regret approaching me at all.

"So did everything go well?" Asked Raul seriously lord Roseville sat his tea down on the table before looking up at Raul. "Yes and no, I was able to settle down the succession dispute between my siblings by saying that I'll take over and claim my right as the first born son of the Roseville family, but there's still that matter of my duties both here and there I figured that if I found myself a capable wife I could station her there as heiress so that I would have a little more breathing room" said Lord Roseville "So your plan is to Marry someone and make them spend the rest of their life doing your job?" Said Raul. That was what it sounded like lord Roseville is planning to do.

"Of course not!, I'd divide my attention of course I won't abandon my duties as a husband or my job, in fact all she'll be doing is receiving my orders and giving them to my two most trusted aids who will then do the actual work, but because I can't marry Mateo and France they'll need an acting head to allow them to do what needs to be done after all I still have 2 years left with you, your grace" said Lord Roseville. So that's why he suddenly asked me to marry him. But wait, how would he know if I'm capable of such things?!, you can't just say that with those types of expectations to anyone.

"Ah I see so you just need someone to represent your authority" said Raul. "Well yes but I'm also very lonely, all of my friends seems to be married now I thought me and you could relate to one another but I came back only to see that even Mr woman make me itch as found a wife" said Lord Roseville slumping down in his seat dramatically. "I NEVER SAID ANYTHING LIKE THAT!" yelled Raul at Lord Roseville. I found myself giggling as I watched the two, they seemed pretty close.