Chapter 16

||The Duke Is Obsessed With Me!||

"Good morning your grace, welcome to my humble shop please tell me how I could be of service today for you and the lady" said the Clothing shop owner

"I'd like to purchase some of your best summer and winter clothing if you will" said Raul. Amora stood beside him quietly the man then made a thinking face before looking at Amora momentarily then looking back over at Raul. "We'll have to get her measurements-" he said "you won't" said Raul "but how will I-" he said but was cut off by his grace. "I have them here" said Raul holding out a piece of paper to the man. Amora was surprised wondering how did he know her measurements?!. But the only reason he learned them was because he didn't want another man touch her.

The man scanned the paper before looking back up with a smile. "Well it's your lucky day we have more clothes in these sizes then any of the others" he said before shouting a woman's name. "Luna!" The man yelled, The woman came out from the back with an annoyed expression which had disappeared when she seen Raul.

"Your-Your the Duke!" She said in a shocked tone as a blush spread across her face. Raul was visibly annoyed by the drooling look she was giving him. Amora noticed and was confused, it was like he converted back to the demeanor he had when they first met. "Luna take this young lady to try on some clothes to model for his grace" said the old man The woman named Luna cleared her throat. "Yes right this way" she said Amora looked up at his grace whose cold mean expression immediately went away when they locked eyes and he smiled.

She ended up trying on a lot of outfits and each time she showed it to Raul he told her how beautiful she looked and many other compliments that made her blush. After she was finally finished the man rolled out 4 racks each filled with all the clothes Amora had tried on. "So which ones would you like your grace?" Asked the shop owner. Raul stood up from the couch seat he was sitting on. "All of them" he said Amoras eyes went wide and so did the shop owner and his employees.

The man swallowed hard. "A-all of them?!" He repeated. "That is what I said isn't it? Have them all delivered to the Grand Dukes Palace as soon as possible" he said before tossing the man a heavy bag of coins and walking straight past him in over to Amora. "Ready to go darling?" He asked with a happy look on his face.

They got back to they're carriage and Raul sat on the side where Amora was, even though there was lots of space on the other side and it was only the two of them inside the carriage he still sat extremely close to Amora. "Um your grace?" She said as his large arms brushed up against hers. "Yes my dear?" He replied giving Amora his full attention. She couldn't help but go speechless when his sea blue eyes made contact with hers.

Just as she was about to open her mouth to protest the sudden closeness the carriage hit a bump causing her to be thrown up from her seat and into the Dukes arms. Raul warped his arms tightly around her so that she wouldn't fall. Once the carriage stopped rocking he looked down at Amora who was in his arms. "You ok my love?" He asked worriedly, expressing genuine concern for Amora.

Amora embarrassedly pushed herself upright but his graces grip around her waist did not budge and neither did his hypnotizing gaze. They were so focused on the moment that they didn't realize that the carriage had stopped moving until the door opened and the knight who was driving it appeared. "Your grace, Madam, my apologies for the bump are you both ok?" Asked the knight "Yes we are quite fine despite your reckless driving, you almost made my wife fall from her seat" Raul hissed as he shot daggers at the knight.

The man bowed his head in shame. "I-I'm truly sorry Madam forgive me please" he said Amora felt really bad for the knight he was clearly terrified of the Duke which she could understand she couldn't really say that she's never felt like that in his graces presence in fact the dinner she had with him and Rya before their marriage was quite suffocating. Especially when those blue eyes that use to give her the illusion of light but in reality was so dark would meet with hers. Amora looked up at his graces eyes. But now just like that night when he truly looked at her, his eyes were full of light. It was like there was a third wall hidden behind the two the Duke always had up on guard that only she could see.

"It's ok no need to apologize his grace caught me so I'm fine"  Amora said. The knight raised his head to look at her. It was as if he had just seen an angel as his eyes sparked. "Your too kind madam, thank you" he said as a gentle smile appeared on his face. He then glanced over at his grace who now held an unamused expression on his face. And his bad mood increased seeing the knights eyes on Amora as the smile that was plastered so carelessly on his face brought out a feeling of jealousy.

"Well if your done groveling so worthlessly could we leave or are you going to hold us hostage in this carriage all day" said his grace with a sharp look.

The knight cleared his throat violently. "Right my apologies your grace" he said before bowing his head and moving to the side so that Amora and Raul could step out of the carriage. Raul got out first then held out a hand to Amora to help her out. "I have a question" he said Amora looked up at him curiously taking his hand at the same time. "Yes?" She replied. "How much do you know about the history of the empire?" He asked. Amora knew that he was basically asking how high of an education have she received but was trying desperately not to offend her so he worded it differently.

"I was taught the basics like how to read, Write, and table manners along with basic etiquette, however I don't know much about the history of this empire or it's people but I'm not opposed to learning" she said. Raul seemed to had been relived he was sure that he was going to offend her in some way but he had to ask. As a knight and the duke he couldn't just ignore the rules, his wife and duchess being well educated is a must if he wished for her to stay stay by his side. That was just how it was in this empire.