Chapter 57 Performing kind deeds

Start from the beginning

Cui Muli and Cui Xining? These cousins ​​didn't have much contact with each other, so how could they come to see her together?

Xie Miao mumbled to herself: strange. When she went to the study, she saw that the two of them looked solemn, as if something terrible had happened.

Before she could ask in detail, Cui Xining said apologetically: "A-Miao, I met with Shen Lang today and was accidentally bumped into by Second Brother."

Xie Miao was stunned: Huh?

Cui Xining's face was complicated, "Second Brother bumped into you and Shen Lang before, and there was a misunderstanding between you... so I asked Second Brother to come and listen to your clarification."

Xie Miao no longer knew what expression to use in response. She looked at Cui Muli, "Me and Sun Shenyuan?"

Cui Muli put his hands behind his back and said righteously: "You were born in a boudoir and have a simple mind. I am worried that you will be deceived by unscrupulous people."

That makes sense, but does she really look that stupid?

Xie Miao first asked the two of them to sit down. She didn't even bother to order tea. She simplified the complex and said simply: "I am entrusted by Xining to deliver messages for them occasionally. At other times, I have nothing to do with it."

Cui Muli pondered for a long time, "I believe you, but -"

Cui Xining asked cooperatively: "But, what?"

"I heard that my eldest uncle and aunt have arranged a well-matched marriage for you. There is no way you and Scholar Sun are possible. Xining, I can pretend that I didn't see what happened today, but you must make a break with him."

Cui Xining's face turned pale and she said in a panic: "Second Brother, Shen Lang is now a disciple of Chief Minister Luo of the Ministry of Justice. He is highly appreciated by him and will definitely make great achievements in the future. He will also attend Jixia Academy in a few days. If he can make a big splash and gain grandfather's approval, maybe grandfather will agree to my marriage to him!"

The nerves in Xie Miao's brain were broken, one after another, and another -

What does it mean to make a confession without duress? It's called this.

Before Cui Muli even used any means, Cui Xining had laid out all her plans. Could this be the skill Cui Muli had developed while interrogating prisoners in the Criminal Department?

She secretly observed Cui Muli's reaction, but she didn't see him showing the expected disdain. Instead, he hesitated for a moment, then changed the subject and said, "Chief Minister Luo can recognise talents. Since Sun Shenyuan has been appreciated by him, presumably he is talented and learned."

Cui Xining hurriedly agreed: "Yes, Shen Lang is outstanding in talent and learning. Second Brother, there is no need to doubt it."

Cui Muli added: "Since there is already someone you like in your heart, it is not appropriate to get married to others. It is better to do what you said and leave it to grandfather to take the initiative to try to achieve a good thing."

Cui Xining blinked in disbelief, "Second Brother means-"

Cui Muli asked: "Regarding grandfather, I would like to give you a helping hand."

There was a "bang", and Cui Xining seemed to have fireworks blooming in front of her eyes. She stretched out her hand and handed it to Xie Miao. She said dazedly: "A-Miao, pinch me to see if I am dreaming."

Progress!

Xie Miao pinched her unceremoniously, and Cui Xining cried out in pain. Then she smiled with tears in her eyes and expressed thanks from the bottom of her heart: "Second Brother, A-Miao, thank you."