Chapter 57 Performing kind deeds

Depuis le début

Madam Li repeatedly scrutinized her expression but didn't see any clues, so she felt relieved and said: "Ning'er, you have reached the age when you should get married, and it is normal to look at others. Your father specially chose a good marriage for you, you must not let him down."

Cui Xining felt miserable: a good marriage? I'm afraid it's a marriage that will be beneficial to my father's future! But with a gentle smile on her face, she said, "This daughter understands."

In desperation, Cui Xining agreed to meet Third Young Master Gu the next day.

Seeing that the Jixia Student Debate was about to come, Sun Shenyuan studied history books hard all day long, hoping to stand out in the debate. Cui Xining didn't want to disturb his mood, but couldn't help but miss him, so she secretly ran to see him.

It was inevitable that someone would find out. The two had not seen each other for a long time, so their friendship naturally became stronger. In a remote suburban teahouse, they were chatting in private. After only two quarters of an hour, the two of them said goodbye reluctantly. But as soon as they stepped out of the private room, they were frightened to death - Cui Xining's personal maids stood on both sides, lowering their eyes and trembling. And Cui Muli stood at the door, listening for who knows how long.

It's over.

Cui Xining turned pale with shock and stumbled back, holding on to the door frame before she could barely stand still. After being speechless for a moment, Sun Shenyuan took a step forward and bowed, "Second Young Master Cui, we meet again."

Cui Muli didn't say a word and looked at the two people back and forth several times. His expression was like frost in the north, enough to freeze everything around him.

Sun Shenyuan did not give up. He invited Cui Muli into the private room. He took the initiative to assume all responsibilities, and begged Cui Muli not to blame Cui Xining.

When Cui Xining saw that he loved her so much, she not only burst into tears, but also said that she and him were in love and that she had to be with him in this life.

Cui Muli sat in the simple private room, tapping his knuckles on the table, but what he said left the two of them stunned.

"Xining, I once saw him meeting in private with cousin Xie..." His face was solemn, and he meant something: this scholar might be a liar, specializing in defrauding money and love.

Cui Xining reacted and was dumbfounded for a moment, "Second Brother, you misunderstood. A-Miao was entrusted by me."

Cui Xining told the truth about how Xie Miao met Sun Shenyuan and Qiaogu. Sun Shenyuan even swore to heaven that he and Xie Miao had no personal relationship.

Cui Muli was still dubious, forcing Cui Xining to take the initiative: "Let's go find A-Miao and let A-Miao explain it to you personally."

So very good.

*

Xie Miao didn't know that a pot had fallen from the sky. She was embroidering shoes for her soon-to-be-born brother in her room. In the past, she had worked hard to embroider things for Cui Muli, therefore now she was able to embroider shoes with ease.

The evil-proofing tiger-head shoes worn by little children have a tiger face, which are embroidered with various stitching methods such as embroidery, dialing, and seeding. The colours are mainly red and yellow, and the facial features are outlined with thick black lines. The shoe mouth and tiger ears are trimmed with rabbit fur, which makes it look majestic and yet cute.

After she finished embroidering one piece, she carefully gathered the edge and put it into the embroidery basket. Then she heard that the Second Young Master and the Second Young Lady had arrived together.