Chapter 56 Give up?

Start from the beginning

Ignoring the identity, it is truly an eye-catching and harmonious scene.

Many scenes flashed through Su Pan's mind. At Zhiwei Tower, Third Young Master Zhou was quarrelling with Xie Miao; at the racecourse, Third Young Master Zhou chose Xie Miao to feed the horses; at the Flower Festival Banquet, Third Young Master Zhou glanced at her accidentally...

Could it be? !

She was confused and worried: "They, are they having a private meeting?"

Wen Rubin had a face full of disapproval, "If I remember correctly, Second Young Master Cui held her hand during the Flower Festival Banquet."

He seems gentle and has no temper, but in fact he adheres heavily to a Confucian code of ethics at heart. In his eyes, a woman should obey the three virtues, behave in a well-behaved manner, and abide by the duties of a family's daughter.

Take the women at the Flower Festival Banquet as examples. Whether it is the outspoken Third Miss Cui, the arrogant and domineering Princess Qingyang, or the Miss Xie who is eloquent but behaves intimately with the Second Master Cui in public - —

None of them are as good as his cute and polite Wanwan.

Wen Rubin secretly thought: To be entangled with two men, this Miss Xie inevitably has no self-respect.

Little did he know that at this moment, in his Wanwan's heart, her thoughts are completely of another man.

*

Wen Rubin sent Su Panyan back to the Su Mansion. Turning around, Su Panyan changed carriage and headed to the Criminal Department.

She twisted the handkerchief anxiously in the carriage and told herself: She has good intentions. She couldn't bear to see Xie Miao being half-hearted and deceiving Cui Muli's feelings, that's all.

The carriage stopped in an alley not far from the Ministry of Justice. She sent someone to find Cui Muli and inform him that she had something urgent to tell him about Xijun.

Two quarters of an hour later, Cui Muli came to the alley as agreed. When facing irrelevant people, he always looked calm and asked: "What's wrong with Xijun?"

Su Panyan's eyes instantly turned red and she asked bitterly: "Second Brother Cui, can I only come to you because of Xijun's affairs?"

As if he couldn't see her weeping, Cui Muli said concisely: "Yes."

Even though Su Panyan was used to his indifference, this still stung her. She deliberately ignored the pain in her heart and asked in a low voice: "Second Brother Cui, you like Xie Miao, don't you?"

There was silence for a moment, and just when she was in a subtle state of mind and thought he wouldn't answer, he said, "Yes."

There was no evasion or quibble, he simply admitted that he liked Xie Miao.

Su Panyan's eyes flashed with panic. Then she quickly regained her composure and said in one breath: "I, I just saw Xie Miao and Third Young Master Zhou together at Dongyang Lake. They were alone and she is by herself, and they met in private. Their behaviour was also intimate. I think they are mutually interested in each other. Second Brother, she is not a good match for you, you must not let her delay you!"

Delay?

Cui Muli laughed, but the meaning was unclear.

Su Panyan quickly explained, "I'm telling the truth. At that time Wen——"

"Wen Rubin was there too?"

Su Panyan's thin shoulders were drooped, like an abandoned little rabbit, looking downcast and pitiful.