Chapter 20

Seraphina was checking the papers laying in her desk and scanning through some documents too. She was typing something important on her computer, in other words she was extremely busy. Her works have been so hectic because of the big projects that she has been working on.

While in the middle of drowning in her works, a sudden knock from the door followed by the voice of her secretary stopped her hands from working on something. She let out a sigh and waited for her Secretary to get inside.

The door was now open, her Secretary greeted her with a smile in mannerism. "Good afternoon, Ma'am Ashford." Serpahina nodded and looked at her with a question. "Do you want to say something?" Seraphina asked in judgement, because her Secretary just disturbed her on her work so maybe her Secretary wanted to inform something.

"Sir Ashford is here, Ma'am Ashford." Her Secretary replied with a hint of a teasing smile. Seraphina mentally cursed in her mind hearing her statement.

"Tell him that I am busy. I don't want any visitors right nowㅡ" Seraphina got cuts off by a sudden voice next to her Secretary.

"I won't disturb you." Zachariah appeared out of nowhere, hiding earlier in the wall where Seraphina couldn't see him. Zachariah thanked her Secretary and gave her a friendly nod as a message that she can leave now.

Her Secretary bid the both of them a goodbye professionally, and closed the door leaving the couple in the office. Seraphina crossed her arms in her chest and looked at him boringly as she waited for some answers why he was here.

Zachariah smiled at his wife only to earn a glare from Seraphina. "I bought you some food for lunch." Zachariah softly spoke as he placed some containers in the other table of Seraphina carefully. "I can provide it on my own." Seraphina immediately answered as she was now back in her work.

"I know. But, I want to pamper you." Zachariah replied as he looked at Seraphina with loving eyes. Seraphina didn't reply and continued doing her work, prioritizing it first before anything.

Zachariah didn't mind the silence, already happy that he can feel the presence of Seraphina in the room and he can be able to see her. Zachariah sat comfortably on the sofa and worked on something too, looking at Seraphina every minute.

"You have your own office in your company.   And you just went here to do your work in my office?" Seraphina asked in unbelievably at Zachariah's doings. She looked at him with a judgement filled in her eyes.

"So what? It's so much better here compared to my office." Zachariah simply replied looking unbothered by the truth. Seraphina snorted at the reply.

"I clearly told my Secretary that I don't accept visitors." Seraphina irritatedly spoke.

"Well, I am not a visitor, but your husband."

It's been months since Zachariah was constantly and consistently proving himself at Seraphina. It's been months since Zachariah showed himself to Seraphina his expressive side for her only. Been months since Zachariah has been making an effort for Seraphina to gain and earn her love.

Everyday Zachariah keeps going to Seraphina's office everyday and works there. Everyday, Zachariah's feelings for Seraphina are getting stronger and stronger. And Seraphina was there to feel it all, but still it didn't bother her.

Suddenly a loud slammed door immediately broke the peace and quietness of the whole mansion, following the loud clacks of heels angrily and footsteps. The heavy tension and atmosphere are filled in the whole air.