Chapter 7

After the wedding, both of them went straight to the certain avenue where their parents arranged for them for their reception. None of them spoke through the middle of the ride, Serpahina didn't want to either because the ceremony took all her energy.

As they arrived at the reception, Serpahina wouldn't lie. The reception's design and arrangements were very beautiful and splendid. The whole setting was her literal taste, and she didn't even know that this is what the setting is.

After a while, her mother greeted them and said that this was all Zachariah's planned ideas. And she didn't even know how Zachariah found out what her taste and style were.

The employees greeted them with enthusiasm. They lead the newly wed to their table, which is in front of all the guests tables.

Most of the guests of the night are some of them from the different companies, mostly the owners. And some of them are their rivals. Because of that, they have no choice but to pretend like an actual happy married couple.

"Congratulations on your wedding." The bright old lady congratulated them on their table. Both of them smiled and thanked the lady. The greetings are never-ending. Some of them went for long talks after greeting.

Serpahina was impressed by Zachariah for handling some stressful and tiring talks. He handled it with much knowledge and brain on how he talks about the company and collaborations. Even if it was their reception, some of them still wanted to talk about collaborations and merging.

When the CEO from the other company left,  Zachariah looked at her with much concern. "Are you tired now?" Zachariah carefully asked, seeing Seraphina's lidded eyes.

"No." Serpahina immediately answered, while restoring her posture. Zachariah didn't seem to buy that question, because he knew how tiring the ceremony was. It was pretty late too.

Thereafter, the emcee suddenly announced to the crown to come to the floor for some slow dancing, and especially to the newly wed too.

Serpahina cursed mentally at the emcee seeing that the emcee was her secretary. Zachariah politely declined the emcee, because he knew that Serpahina wouldn't like it. But, the emcee disagreed and the whole crowd started cheering for them.

Serpahina immediately glared at the crown, but it was soon gone when she realized that both of them were needed to pretend that they were a real loving couple.

Without a choice, Seraphina and Zachariah stood up and went to the floor. The light flashes towards them from above. The cameras are clicking nonstop when the slow and romantic music starts to play and their bodies sway together along with the melodies.

Zachariah's hands were at Serpahina's waist, while Serpahina encircled her arms through Zachariah's nape. Their gap was too close to each other. Both of them are glued, even their eyes.

"All the people were looking." Zachariah uttered while still guiding her body along with his body.

"Are you making me feel under pressure." Serpahina spoke back while raising a brow at him. Zachariah slowly chuckled at her reply, making Serpahina look at her with so much confusion.

"No, darling. I wanted to say what they would think of us, you're frowning while dancing with your husband." Zachariah softly spoke and continued, "We need to pretend, remember?" Serpahina wanted to fight back, but Zachariah's words were factually true.

Serpahina releases a small smile while looking at Zachariah with a glare. Zachariah smiled softly in return. They sway their bodies along with their heartbeat. Realizing that they're gonna spend the rest of their life with each other. Thinking of some scenarios, Serpahina felt sick. While, Zachariah, he looked in peace.

Subsequently, all the other couples went to the floor without them realizing. The couples dance with their partners too, with the pure and content smile on their face, sharing some little talks and laughs.

The Ashford couple are in the middle. While their spotlight is focusing on theirs. Tonight is theirs.

Soon, the slow dancing was done. Both of them went to their respective seats and sat comfortably. None of them started a conversation, too drained.

The reception lasted for a couple of hours. Zachariah and Seraphina interacted with some businessmen and women, with some business related affairs and their congratulations on their marriage. They put their whole best to act like a happy couple and a true one.

Their parents and most of Zachariah's friends gave some speeches to them. They thanked them and smiled at them gratefully, like it was not an act.

For Serpahina, the giving of speeches were definitely the most boring of their reception. How can she stay awake when they only blabber nonsense words. Making an effort for a false speech, where the truth is these were all just an arrangement.

But, despite all those lies coming from her parents, she still remained professional and pretended to smile. Zachariah did too.

Finally, after hours of punishing herself. Their reception was finally over. All of them bid goodbye, while some of them left without saying. Seraphina didn't mind either, she doesn't even appreciate some people that were here, because she knew that they were just here for some collaboration.

Seraphina was about to stand up to go home, their family went towards their table. And looked at them with a smile on their faces, holding something from their hand.

"Congratulations for the two of you." Mrs. Ashford greeted the two newly weds with a genuine smile, making Serpahina faked a smile at her back.

"Since both of you are now officially married. We both had already decided what gift we should give you guys." Mr. Ashford smiled and chuckled, making their parents chuckle too.

"Planning for something mischievous again without us knowing?" Seraphina uttered in a monotone voice, while shooting a glare. "We're tired. Leave that for tomorrow." She continued and stood up to leave.

Stephanie Watsons immediately pushed her shoulders gently back to her seat, earning a confused look in Seraphina's face.

"Dear, you two couldn't get home when you both wouldn't receive our gifts to you." Stephanie said while smiling at them both, who is now looking so confused.

"What do you mean, Ma'am?" Zachariah politely asked Stephanie while looking at her with a confound expression.

Mr. Ashford placed an unknown key on their table while smiling. Followed by Mr. Watsons, he placed another unknown key to the table beside the other key.

"What are these?" Both said in union. Making their families chuckle. Their parents shared a look, before nodding.

"This key is your new mansion. And this one is your car. These gifts are now both of your property now as a married couple." Mr. Ashford said happily.

"Since, the whole country knew about your marriage and we wouldn't want even a single person to know that these were all arranged, both of you were gonna live together." Both of their families informed them with so much glee.

"Thank you so much, Mom, Dad, and Mr. Mrs. Ashford." Zachariah smiled brightly while thanking them endlessly. While Seraphina looked so unimpressed with the idea, she didn't talk back because their families have a point why they wanted them to live together even if she didn't want this.

They accept the gift with a different sentiment in their heart. The other accepted it with a blessedness and euphoria. While the other accepted it with a sorrow and a heartache.