Chapter 14

In the late of the night with a cold breeze surrounding and dominating the entire night where the moon is the only light that is shining in the midst of the darkness along with the stars.

The couple or like the 'couple' were inside their car driving on their way towards their house. It was midnight and the roads were silent and peacefully quiet. Only a few vehicles and transportation are now roaming freely on the roads, while the city is already fast asleep.

The party has already ended a few minutes ago, and now they are driving to their house to let their bodies rest after a tiring and wholesome event.

Both mentally and physically tired due to the chatters about businesses and merging or finding some investors. Many people went up to them and gave them some information about their company and future plans. And, they were there to listen and understand not for themselves but to their company. But, they knew what to choose geniusly.

Zachariah was driving in the car with focused eyes down the road. While, Seraphina was sitting in the passenger seat while looking at the road looking with lidded eyes because of the tiredness.

Both of them were sitting silently as usual, but it's very different this time compared to their previous drives. Both of them can feel the thick tension and tense atmosphere. Since they have some arguments at the party, even if Seraphina started and assumed the doings of Zachariah. Zachariah couldn't help but to blame himself on their fight.

"Seraphina..." Zachariah uttered softly while calling her name.

"If you're gonna talk about the fight that we had earlier. Don't." Seraphina bluntly responded while looking at the outside, holding an emotionless face.

"Please..." Zachariah muttered with a heavy voice, wanting to talk and communicate to make their situation better. "I couldn't and wouldn't sleep tonight knowing that you're mad at me. And I want to clear this mess, darling." Zachariah genuinely spoke while looking at Seraphina with desperate eyes, the streetlight was red, that's why Zachariah has the chance to look at her.

Seeing the no reaction of Seraphina, he sighed heavily and looked back at the road seeing the sign went green.

"I'm tired, Zachariah." Seraphina uttered with a clear annoyance laced on her tone. Zachariah felt a tugged in his heart as he heard Seraphina's mad voice at him and because of him.

Without a choice, Zachariah held his mouth shut with a heavy heart, driving the car with a moderate space and calm compared to his heart and mind that were very opposite of that.

They had finally arrived at their mansion. As soon as Zachariah was about to open the door of Seraphina, Seraphina was fast to open the door for herself without giving Zachariah a chance to open the door for her.

Seraphina went first inside while Zachariah was there standing alone, silently hurting himself for more. He was alone in their garage suffocating in his own sorrows.

After a few minutes of standing there, Zachariah went inside without any verge of energy. He was too drained and tired to feel, too numb to feel anything.

As he opened the door, he saw Seraphina was already sleeping in their shared bed looking so calm and peaceful where in reality she was more than a storm.

Zachariah's POV

I stared at Seraphina like a statue, looking at her soft features. She looks like an angel sleeping like that, but I know that she is more opposite in reality.

Without realizing, my lips are already smiling on their own. Mindlessly realizing that my heavy feelings are now gone. I couldn't believe she just made me better without her doing anything.

I couldn't believe how easy I was for her. She made me feel worse than I had experienced. Then, she just made me feel better from the pain that she had caused. I can't believe how foolish I am for her, only for her.

But, despite all of that, I didn't even regret meeting her and falling for her. And, that's the question I would always ask myself. Why did I fall for her even though she didn't treat me nicely and well? She always didn't let me finish on what I have to say. She didn't treat me like her own husband. She wouldn't smile at me nor talk with proper communication. She accused me earlier, but I didn't mind it nor did I hold a grudge on that. I just wanted to defend and speak the truth clearly.

She is the opposite of what a woman should. She is different from all the women that I have met. They are independent yet dependent at the same time. They are obedient and meek. And that's what the society had described and portrayed the women. They are amenable, soft, teachable, orderly, controllable, that's what the society highly expectations about women and many more.

Meanwhile, she is not at the society's expectations and had portrayed. She is no controllable, she controled their company as a results for good shape. Nor orderly, she is the one who orders anyone. She is the opposite of amnebale, she is obstreperous, she is stubbornly resistant to control. She is  very opposite to all the applications on the society's standards towards women and the upcoming women.

She is the opposite, but uniquely beautiful on her own way. She is individualized among of all. She is still glowing in my sight, despite all of her flaws, I still find her splendid and full of beauty. And I would fight to anyone who would dare to call her the opposite.

She is far more beyond in my eyes.

It's the first time I strongly feel this powerful emotions to a certain single person.

And I finally found the answer to my question earlier. The most repeated question in my brain when I wake up every morning. I found a gleamed of happiness inside of mine, realizing that the answer was just in front of mine.

Why did I fall for her even though she didn't treat me nicely and well?

Because, I fell for what she truly is.