Chapter 17

"Mr. Krammer agreed on your requested meeting from him."

Loud silence filled in the whole entire office room. None of them spoke a word to each other. Seraphina was too busy to comprehend a single word. Too shocked to recover from her Secretary's sudden announcement.

"What? Are you sure? Is it true?" Seraphina immediately bombarded many questions to her Secretary. Seraphina wanted to make sure that the information was accurate or not, not wanting to give herself high hopes.

"Yes, Ma'am Ashford." Her Secretary spoke as she smiled towards her with a glee. Seraphina still couldn't believe what she had heard, it was so sudden

"Did you do something?" Seraphina asked once again. She can't afford to discover if this was a false alarm. She wanted to make sure everything first.

"No, Ma'am. I didn't do anything as per your order. Mr. Krammer's Secretary just e-mailed me a sudden a while ago, saying that Mr.Krammer had agreed to have a meeting with you." Her Secretary spoke formally and decently as she uttered the series of events earlier in the morning.

Seraphina nodded in agreement. "Okay. You can go now. Thank you." Seraphina spoke as her Secretary obeyed and went to the door and closed it.

As soon as her Secretary closed the door, Seraphina laid her back onto her chair. She inhaled a deep breath and exhaled heavily. She closed her eyes at the moment because of frustrations, instead of being happy, her emotions are filled with frustrations, shame, and embarrassment.

She just made herself an embarrassment to Zachariah. She remembered her deal with Zachariah. She remembered what the consequences were if Zachariah successfully did her order and the thing that she wanted.

She doesn't want to have dinner with Zachariah. She didn't want to. That's why she ordered Zachariah to persuade Mr. Krammer agreed to her request to meet him, because she knew how hard to communicate nor catch the attention of Mr. Krammer, he is powerful.

So, she chose that order because she doesn't want to have some romantic dinner with Zachariah. She thought that Zachariah wouldn't be able to have the attention of Mr. Krammer. She thought that Zachariah would come to her and apologize for failing her command.

She really had thought of that, and how foolish of her to even think that to Zachariah. She just made herself an embarrassment to Zachariah. She thought that it was impossible for Zachariah to do that.

And now, she has just received Mr. Krammer's agreement. She wanted to be happy yet she was having a storm inside of her.

She wondered how big Zachariah is. She knew that Zachariah was one of the most powerful business men in the world of business and that's not a lie. But, she didn't think that Zachariah was that powerful to have the attention of Mr. Krammer.

He is really that big.

And with that, she doesn't have a choice but to agree on Zachariah's dinner date in the evening, without denying, because he had already done her request successfully. She must have to, even with a heavy heart.

Seraphina regained her posture and calmed her breath and mind. She turned towards her computer and instantly went back to her work and her papers that she would check and sign.

She wanted to end this all without wasting a single second just because of Zachariah's. She would never accept Zachariah for ruining her day, yet giving her happiness too. But, she is too stubborn to accept the second statement.

While she was checking the papers, while looking at the computer. Her phone dinged, notificating that there was someone who just messaged her as of now.