022

Alastor had been busy since the reveal of Sir Pentious. I watched him often. Now was one of those times.

Lucifer, poor Lucifer, and I were making all the food for the grand reopening. Rats, human, and the more "normal" meats. Chicken, pork... then deserts and sides. We'd been cooking for a bit now and we were almost done, just having to prep a couple salads and we'd be good. Right on time for the party too. I'd have 30 minutes to get ready.

Though i couldn't focus on what was in front of me or next to me. Lucifer. In the corner of my eye I could catch him looking at me, but through the kitchen island I was too busy staring at Alastor. Charlie in front of him, talking fast with her hands and him "listening."

I know that fucker is aware I'm staring at him.

"Hey," Lucifer put his hand on my shoulder, scaring me. I jolted and looked at him with an eyebrow raised. Something about him seeming sad. "If you want, I can take over the rest of the salads. You can go talk to... him."

I grimaced, "oh no, absolutely not. It's not like that. It's just... he's..." looking past Lucifer I noticed one of Alastor's shadows listening in.

I blasted it with an angelic beam from my hand quickly. Lucifer turned quickly, seeing the shadow shrivel. We both turned our heads to look at Alastor who flinched, but kept his eyes on Charlie.

Lucifer and I shared a look.

-

The reopening had a theme, it'd be like a formal with a dress code. Lucifer had commanded some high class demons to join the party. The Goesha and their heir, Beelzebub, Asmodeus. Not many common sinners were there because they weren't invited.

The hotel would essentially be a business idea for the higher ups. To convince the people of their rings to join Charlie and redemption. That's why common sinners wouldn't be joining.

There were a handful of imps though.

Despite that, all of my friends looked amazing. Husk only changed so he wore a white button up. Angel wore a black and pink striped jumpsuit with a plunging neckline and platforms, Cherry matching with him, but her stripes bright red. Nifty in a cute fairy like dress, pink with puffy sleeves, flared with a silver jewel in the middle. Alastor in his usual.

I have yet to see Charlie, Lucifer or Vaggie. They were too busy greeting guests up front.

I wore a long, floor length, sage green dress. More of a mermaid shape, it had Ivy designs on the skirt and chest, plus it fit over my curves like a glove. It wasn't too sexy, but definitely elegant. For shoes I wore dark green heels, the straps made of vines.

Walking around, I stopped at a family of Owls. Two seeming distinctly unhappy, the women gloating immediately upon notice. I brushed her off and talked to the other two. Whom I learned the names of, Stolas and Octavia.

The wife walked off awhile ago, now Stolas and Octavia were telling me a story of how she ran off one day to see the human world, to see the stars and how he saved her. Both of them talking politely, with slight banter at each other. I smiled endearingly at the much taller beings.

"You guys will love it here," I shook their hands and looked up at the stage we had summoned earlier. "I believe Charlie and Lucifer will be announcing their business ideas soon."

Right as I finished my sentence, the lights dimmed and the conversations paused.

I walked away from the two and closer to the stage next to Angel and Cherri. We all smiled at each other and looked at the lone microphone. A couple seconds later, Charlie, Lucifer and... Alastor? Came up to the mic. What the fuck is he doing here?