002

It was a couple days since the last time I had seen Sera and Emily. Adam was his usual. Gaming, out with the band, or at a bar getting with women. Of course I knew he was cheating, he's so obvious.

I still love him though, that's what's hard.

This particular night was rough. Adam laid next to me, sleeping quiet but still wild as he usually is. On his neck were four fresh hickeys, mine were faded. I put my glasses on to be sure and sighed. Staring down at him, tracing his face. I've always found him handsome.

He turned in his sleep, muttering something about stupid women. In a more aggressive term naturally. Looking at his sleeping body, I sighed once more as a tear fell down my cheeks and suddenly they couldn't stop.

He can't even respect women in his sleep?

I left the room to not wake Adam, but I couldn't stop hiccuping. My breathing was harsh and I just couldn't calm down.

Without thinking much, I threw a brown fluffy jacket on over my nightgown and left the house.

"Sera!" I knocked on her door, loudly and almost immediately she— well, Emily— opened the door.

"Juniper? Are you alright?" She leaned down and put her hands on my shoulders.

"Please, I can't live with him anymore. I cant live here anymore," I whispered to her through tears.

Emily wore a conflicted look and sighed.

"Follow me." I followed willingly but I didn't completely register that she took me seriously.

She led me to the council, where the entryway to Hell is.

"I'm sorry, Juni, That you were betrothed to him... I don't want you to go, but you're hurting and since Heaven couldn't help, maybe others can. I don't want you to leave... but if you go, I won't stop you." Emily looked down, staring at the portal, tears streaming down her face.

"Thank you, Emily. Truly. You've always been there, and Sera too... but I just can't anymore," I started to cry a little once more, but she was full sobbing.

"I understand," Emily attempted to stop crying as she hugged me deeply. I hugged her back with equal enthusiasm.

"Thank you for giving me this opportunity."

I stepped away from her and to the portal, looking back to give her one last smile and then I walked through completely.