005

I didn't end up sleeping as well as I thought. Charlie and Pentious were too busy singing. I'm not quite sure what all happened, but there was an odd tension the next morning with Angel and Pentious.

Husk didn't say much on the cookies I made him, neither did Angel but they seemed more relaxed around me.

I sat down at the bar with Angel and Husk exhaustedly.

"Is there any chocolate milk?" I muttered with my head down on the counter.

Husk raised a brow, "in the kitchen."

I groaned and left them to go grab it.

"I wonder what her husband did," Angel gossiped, having no idea I heard him.

"He cheated on me," I responded as I came back holding a glass of chocolate milk.

"Tough one," Angel whistled as Husk just listened.

"Well technically he always has I guess, I just didn't leave him until yesterday."

"Why'd you come to Hell?" Husk asked, sounding suspicious.

I laughed, "my husband always hated it, we'd get into fights a lot about this place. Thought it'd be ironic... til I actually came here. Though I've noticed Hell isn't nearly as bad as most Angels believe."

Angel and Husk scoffed at that.

"I'm being honest! Angels up there like me thought that it was so much worse! Like fire everywhere and people being publicly tortured for just living in hell. Shit like that and whatnot. Honestly it's comparable to Earth, just less discreet with wrongdoings!" I explained passionately.

Both them heard my argument, "whatever you say, toots." Angel responded.

I took a sip of my chocolate milk and shrugged, "you guys have a different perspective though, I'm assuming you both have been in Hell for awhile? I've only lived in Heaven before."

"You're an Angel?" Husk gave Angel a dumb look.

"Um yeah, I thought that was obvious when I first arrived," I tilted my head at them.

They both nodded and that was the end of the conversation.

-

A week later we held a celebration for Sir Pentious. He's probably one of my favorite people here.

I sat atop the stairs watching Charlie and Vaggie set up the celebration banner.

"-Um Pentious was just trying to take over the city with some weird steampunk bullshit a few days ago," Vaggie pointed out to Charlie.

"Don't listen to her Charlie! Pentious has been doin' great!" I raised my voice from the top of the stairs.

"She gets it! Besides I haven't seen him try and pull any of that here!"

Just then Pentious walked in with some sort of canon with... eggs on top. He's such an oddball.

"What the hell is that?" Vaggie asked.

"Oh hello purple female! It's my new invention, the skin sayer eleven thousand! I'm really looking forward to shooting the other residents!" Pentious revealed deviously.

"What! Why?" I let out a loud echoey laugh at their antics as I walked down the stairs.

"Oh Pentious! What a charmer you are!" I stood next to him.

"Thank you, female Angel! Everyone is being too nice, obviously it must be a lie! I can sense they're planning to kill me... but when.. how? I must be prepared! Ooh my new parts are here!" Pentious revealed dramatically.

Two girls wheeled in parts. Both were very pretty. I waved at them, but I don't think they noticed.

I deflated.

"Sign please... thank you for your business, enjoy your carmine purchase."

"Carmine? Carmilla Carmine? You're buying parts from an overlord?" Vaggie got ready to lecture.

"Of course! She's the top weapon dealer in hell," Pentious responded matter of factly. I couldn't help but snort.

"Nope, that stops right now—" Charlie and I watched as Vaggie lectured Pentious.

"Do you think he trusts us?" I asked Charlie, her eyes lit up with an idea.

"Why don't we focus on trust for todays activity!"

"nnno not before we lay some ground rules. No more building weapons, no more plotting against other guests and you need to get rid of these... things," Vaggie pointed at the egg boys.

One of them stood beside my leg, holding onto it. I decided to name it Bonco. Picking him up, it cuddled into my hair.

The other eggs were messing around with a gun, damaging the ceiling.

"Cmon! What did I just say," Vaggie complained.

"Not my little egg boys! They do my evil bidding for me!" Pentious hugged his eggs dearly.

Charlie and I shared a look.

"Do you wanna stay here and redeem yourself?"

"Yesssssth?" Pentious responded unsurely. I patted him on the back.

"Then no more eggs," Vaggie laid it down.

"Alright Eggies, you've got to go... I can—can't keep you anymore!" Pentious cried dramatically.

"Ok boss!"

"No don't resist! This is how it has to be!" He sobbed after them. The egg I was holding jumped to follow the others.

Aw, that kinda upset me too. Charlie and I both patted his back.