Chapter 12: Never Ending

Start from the beginning

    I lock my phone and dip it into my pocket.  I sank into the couch beside Lily. She's grinning at her phone, her head occasionally popping up to look at the TV screen. Now, just to wait it out. Just wait it out.

***

    Clayton P.O.V.

    I've never felt the need to lock myself up in a soundproof room. Now I really wish I'd worked that out of Ollivander when I was younger. The crowd was wild it was like a living being in the stands. The ground was shaking and it felt like it was a melting pot for sweat. When coach brought me to the sidelines to cool down, I jogged over there glad. Sweat was dribbling down my face. I raked my fingers through the sticky strands of my hair pushing it back.

    I seat myself and am instantly doused with cold refreshing water. I blink back a few droplets and get a blurry visual of a blonde haired boy.  A towel gets thrown at my face as well. I take it and dry my face. I look up and see the blonde boy inches away from my face.

    "Your Clayton Sorensen" the boy says in wonderment. I nod my head. I search for a bottle of basically anything. The boy presents a bottle of Gatorade to me. I take it graciously.

    "Your Aaron, our waterboy right? Thanks" I respond. A grin splays across his face.

    "You know my name" he says excitedly.

    "Of course, I'm not a prick" I retort with an eyebrow raise.

    "You're just you though, the whole idol thing" he says with a sigh. My eyes widen at that. I give him the look, you know that look you give when people have no clue what they're talking about, that look. I shake my head.

    "No, I'm a guy who's good at football" I say and Coach shouts at me to get back in the game. I drop the towel and cap the Gatorade. I mumble a thanks to Aaron and place my helmet back on. Coach gives me a few signals and I nod my head in response. I check the scoreboard and time left. Just a little more and we'll win.

The team gets into position once again. The adrenaline rush begins again and it buzzes throughout my body. The whistle blows shrilly. I instantly start pumping my legs. My feet blur and I register the ball coming for me. I keep running, I see another blur not our colors. That blur is overpowered by another blur with my home teams colors.  I keep moving, and the balls getting closer. A blur's rushing towards me, the balls coming closer. I jump up and grab the ball and am instantly tackled. I cling onto the ball under the weight of 6 teenage boys.

    The whistle blows once again. They slowly lumber off of me. I stand up with the ball over the line. The stands explode, the team rushes at me. Whoops erupts from the team and Daren's shouting something at me but I can't hear him. The buzz of the game was slowing down and I was being sat down. The band was playing loud songs marching onto the field. Confetti exploded onto the field. The cheerleaders were doing towers and stunts. The people in the stands were screaming and hugging each other. I brought my attention away from the crowd towards the concession building. A celebratory hot dog was in order. Maybe I would get one like Raven's at her first game.

As I stumbled in my happy daze there stood an old friend. He waltzed up to me in the same old stoned confidence as before. His hair was spiked and his devilish grin slid across his face. He blew out a puff of smoke into my face.

    "Funny, Blaze" I say waving the smoke away from my face. That hot dog craving was slowly dying out.

    "Good, to see that ol' Clay's riding out his high school jock life nicely" Blaze remarked smirking and blowing out another puff of smoke.