Chapter 5: Exit the Holy Sanctuary

Hey, so new chapter. Tell me what you think. Thanks for reading! (^~^)

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^**^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^**^*^*^*^*^*^*^**^^**^*^*^*^*^*^*^

Raven P.O.V

I think if I wasn't in the comfort of my house I'd be having a mental breakdown right now. Clayton was going in and out of sleep beside me. We had completed all the homework due tomorrow but the poor guy is still very confused with his French.

It wasn't very late, about 9 p.m. and the sun had set. My sister pranced into kitchen singing at the top of her lungs. Clayton jumped in his seat. His head whipped from side to side, his mossy green eyes getting wider by the minute. Once he realized where he was and what was actually happening, he visibly relaxed.

His gaze roamed across the kitchen till it fell on me. "Hey, Doll" he breathed. He raked his fingers through his hair once again and winced in the middle of the action.

"Be careful" I groan. He slowly drops his arm. I descend from my chair checking over his arm once again. After coming to the conclusion that he's fine, I try to get him to leave.

"See the problem with that request is that I really don't want to leave" Clayton answers grinning at me.

"What do you mean you don't want to leave?" I demand.

"Meaning, I still don't want to go home"

"Clayton Sorenson go home"

"Nope"

"Clayton"

"Rave"

"Clayton!"

"Rave!"I groan he's really doing this.

"Clayton you can't sleepover" I asserted.

"Who said anything about sleeping over but since you suggested it..." He trailed off his gaze floating over to the entrance. "I'll get my stuff" he finishes jumping off the bar stool and grabbing his keys.

"Your stuff? What...no!" But my cry fell on deaf ears. He was already rushing out of the house.

"Sis, you know Mommy and Daddy won't let him sleep over" Lily begins. I nod my head with a sigh. "But they're both working late shifts so they won't be back till late in the morning" she finishes and a smile spreads across her face. She wiggles her eyebrows suggestively at me.

"No, no, no. We aren't, I'm not, no Lily no" I say horrified. "Awww, and here I thought my big sis was gonna get the goods" Lily says pouting. Before I can even respond to this, Clayton comes back in with a duffel bag slung across his back.

"Should I be worried that you come this prepared?" I ask.

"No, I always have this bag in my car Doll" he replies laying it down near the kitchen counter.

"Why?" I ask inquisitively.

"You don't have to worry about that" he grunts. Ok, weird much. He starts to walk towards the staircase.

"Where the heck are you going?"

"Trying to find your room"

"My room? Why would you...!? You're not sleeping in my room!" I exclaim. He turns to me and gives me puppy dog eyes.

"Why not?" He retaliated. He slunk closer to me and took hold of my hands. He started to play with them, entwining our fingers together and rubbing his thumb against them. He stared at me intently waiting for my answer.

"I-I-I-I" I can't even complete the sentence. I just stood there transfixed. My mind turned to mush. I can feel my heart squeeze a little tighter.