Chapter 22: To save you

TW: Violence, Profanity, Death

Nick:

I stared out of the window of the office. It was already really dark and all I could think about was Ella.

22:13

She should be on her way home by now... maybe I should call just to check on her.

I tapped on her contact and waited for a reply. Nothing. It's alright... maybe she didn't hear it. She'll call back soon.

I looked through my phone to find the app that I sometimes used to track her. According to her location she was in the area of the restaurant.

I still had some work to do and I wasn't allowed to go until 11 p.m.

I was working in an office. It's just a part time job. The CEO hired me just to get back at my dad since he was his business nemesis. But to his surprise I turned out to be really competent.

And now I'm helping him organize business deals and I'm basically just watching that everything goes according to plan.

To me it's a really easy job since I've been doing the same for years at the Galanis Industries. And it gives me quite a lot of money with little to no work.

My schedule is usually really flexible and I can work from home every now and then. So it's really perfect for me.

And once I'm done with this uni and have my J.D. degree too I can easily quitt. Maybe I'll even become this company's private lawyer. Haha no. I don't like this company. But being a private lawyer would be great.

I glanced back at my phone and noticed that Ella's location changed. It seemed really suspicious because she was moving in the opposite direction of the campus.

Shit. I quickly called her again hoping that she'll pick up. No response.

I decided to call Max instead.

"Hello?", she spoke.

"Do you have Kyle's number?", I asked.

"Yeah. Why?"

"I need his help"

"Uhm... okay I'll send you his number"

I ended the call and waited for a message. Finally I received a notification that told me Max was sharing a contact with me.

I quickly called the number.

"Kyle Miller, how may I help?", he picked up.

"It's Nick. Ella might be in danger right now", I started.

"Nick? What's going on?", he asked confused.

"Ella doesn't pick up my calls and according to her location she's going to another city", I explained.

"Are you sure it's an emergency? Maybe she's just heading somewhere"

"Alone? This late?", I questioned.

"You know her", he sighed.

"I don't want to risk it"

"Okay I'll call up some friends"

"Meet me at the park", I told him and ended the call.

I marched out of the office as quickly as I could.

"Nick? Where are you going? You still have 40 minutes left", my boss approached me.

"It's an emergency. I need to go"

"Fine. Just this once", he sighed.

"Thanks"

I walked to the park that was just half a mile away and waited for Kyle. Meanwhile Ella seemed to have already left the city.