Introducing Zebras

Hi, this is my third fanfiction of Bensler. I am in love with them and can't stop writing. Some people has stated that the next fanfiction should be a Stuckey one, so here it is. There was an entire summer between Zebra, and the season 11 premier. Let's imagine what happened.

0o0o0

Elliot paced back and forth in the room. He's been there several times on multiple different occasions. Different people sitting in the chair, clipboard in hand, watching his every move. It was maddening. He hated being watched and studied. However, he had to. For his own safety and mentality. 

"Elliot, come on sit down," Huang stated gently. He asked Elliot if it was okay for him to talk to him, or if he wanted someone different. Honestly it wasn't that different. He hated all of them the same. Although, if he was honest, he'd rather it be Huang. At least Huang knew the history. 

Sighing, he glared at Huang, but sat back in the seat across from the doctor. Huang made some notes, and asked him to continue. Elliot rolled his eyes. "Stuckey played us. He hit me, then when I woke I was tied up in a chair and he was going on a lecture that he was going to kill me and the reason why he did what he did." Elliot shook his head, angry. "Then Liv showed up and she hit me to get Stuckey to believe that she was on his side. Then," he stopped, not wanting to say it out loud. 

"What next?" 

"She kissed him, okay?!" Elliot said loudly, fuming. He bounced his leg up and down, looking from side to side, for anything to focus on other than the image in his head. Anything other than Huang's studious gaze. 

Furious scribbling was heard as Elliot focused on an ant he saw walking by his shoe. "And how did that make you feel?" Elliot's head snapped up to look at Huang. 

He stumbled over his words in his head. He knew how it made him feel, but he wasn't allowed to have those feelings. He was married to a great woman that has given him five beautiful children. Liv was just his partner. He had to keep telling himself that. There was no feelings between them. "I don't know," he finally said, eyes keyed on the ant with some buddies now. 

"Angry? Upset? Jealous? Scared?" Huang listed off some emotions. 

Jealous. He thought immediately. I should be the one that was kissing Liv. He shook his head, refusing to say it aloud. Huang made a few more notes. After a few more questions that Elliot refused to answer honestly, Huang let him go. He sighed as he watched Elliot run out of the room. He got up and dialed Captain Cragen. 

"Captain Cragen, it's George Huang. Yeah I just finished with Elliot's interview. He's holding back a lot of unresolved feelings, but nothing dangerous as far as the incident with Stuckey." He listened to the other end for a while before answering, "No, he and Liv are fine to continue as partners, but keep a closer eye on them. Everyone has a breaking point."

Elliot didn't go back to work. He went to the only other place he felt comfortable. Confession. As he sat in the dark booth, waiting for the priest to finish his prayer, he sighed with relief. "Forgive me father, for I have sinned. It's been a minute since my last confession. I've had thoughts of another woman for years. Feelings for her. I've nearly acted on my feelings several times. I'm married and should not have these thoughts, but I'm afraid I'm hopelessly in love with the woman." The confession felt good, not only for his health, but for his soul. 

"Have you ever actually acted on it?" the priest asked. 

"No, father, but I want to so bad," his voice quivered with emotion. 

"You must decide whether this woman is worth giving up your promise to God and your wife." That was a hard choice to make. Elliot accepted the rest of the prayers and stepped out of the booth, feeling just as heavy burdened as he did when he first went in. Confessions were supposed to lighten your load, not add. 

He didn't want to go back to work, but Huang would have already called Cragen and he'd be calling soon if he didn't make his way back on his own. Liv smiled at him as he entered the office. "Hey, how was your session?" 

Scoffing, he went to sit down at his desk. "How is it always?" Liv chuckled. It was music to his ears. 

Cragen came out of his office and called them over. "A call came in about a rape at a high school. Go over and talk to the victim." He watched as Elliot watched LIv get up and walk towards the door before even moving. He's got it bad.