34-Fear

Y/n: Hi

He looked at me but didn't budge. I didn't know if Albert fully understood Japanese or not, but whenever he spoke it was in English. I decided to try English instead. Albert took out his phone and prepared to make a call.

Y/n: Hang on, don't panic. I'm the one you're looking for.

He put his phone down and stepped aside for me to enter the building. I didn't want to enter the building, but for Kei's sake, I knew I had to.

Y/n: Oh and one more thing. You better get inside, Ryuen gonna need your help.

I gave him a sweet warning.

I entered the gymnasium and started to walk. I didn't immediately see anybody, but there was a staircase and light at the top of it. Inside the gymnasium was freezing cold. Somehow colder than it was outside. I walked over to the staircase and put one foot on the stairs. I wasn't afraid of who I'd meet at the top of these stairs.

And so I walked. Step by step, I slowly made my way up the stairs to the location where they were. I heard a bunch of voices as I walked.

It felt like I walked an endless staircase, but I eventually made it to the top and confronted my foes. Ryuen, Ishizaki, and Ibuki. Throw in Albert who was likely going to make his way up here soon, and you had only four of them. They didn't notice me yet, so I took a look around to make sure there were no other students I was missing.

Just me and 4 of them.

Ibuki: Y/n..? What're you doing here?

Ibuki was the first to notice me and expressed her surprise. I looked around again to get a feel for the layout of the room. Albert appeared and stood behind me. Ibuki was present, but she had distanced herself from the others. Ryuen and Ishizaki stood over Kei who was lying in a puddle on the ground shivering.

What a beautiful scene this brought me back those time. Her position just like those in the White Room, despair, broken, ask for help.

Karuizawa: Y... N...

Ishizaki: Y/n?!

Y/n: Sorry i'm late.

Karuizawa: Why... Why did you come here?

Y/n: Didn't you ask for my help? Why wouldn't I come? We had a promise. I will protect you.

Her voice was weak and feeble.

Ishizaki: Ryuen, does this mean Y/n is the mastermind?!

Ibuki: That's not possible. They're definitely not the one. Ryuen, don't be deceived. Surely someone is manipulating Y/n to do this. They definitely told Karuizawa they'd send someone to save her-

Are you kidding me?

Ryuen: Shut up, Ibuki.

Ryuen approached me but kept his distance. He seemed wary of me.

Ryuen: Well what do we have here? If it isn't Suzune's hanger-on. What business do you have in an unpopular location like this?

Y/n: Save Karuizawa that's all.

Ryuen: Hmm...

Ibuki: This is ridiculous. Someone obviously told Y/n to go save Karuizawa. This was all premeditated.

Ibuki was adamant about the mastermind not being me.

Ryuen: What's wrong, Ibuki? You seem to believe Y/N isn't the one.

Ibuki: It's not what I want to believe... I'm telling you it's not true. Y/N is... They're just a good-hearted fool... I doubt they're even aware of the situation with Karuizawa and the mastermind.