For you, Forever

Many years before...

"This sucks..."

Samael thought to himself, having to fight himself just so he wouldn't let out an audible groan, a sinner in front of him going on and on about something. It wasn't anything important, just buttery words that he hoped would get him into Samael's "pants," well, more so wallet. An action Samael found utterly disturbing.

Samael nodded his head along to the honey sucker's words, his eyes wandering around the event as he did his best to seem attentive. He had held this party in the hopes of getting to know the people of his city, to get closer to the issues he wanted to fix.

But instead all that had happened so far was him being accosted by men in suits who wanted to win him over for their business, not for humanitarian purposes. Samael wouldn't give in though, just because it had been bad so far didn't mean it wouldn't improve! He had faith by the end of the night he would have made an impact...

Hopefully at least.

He was about to focus back on the man in front of him when he saw something out of the corner of his eye. A flash of black and white hair embedding itself in his mind in an instant. The hair being tied up into two horns by thin, ballerina-like black ribbons. his breath leaving him as he focused on the sight.

It was a woman, no taller than himself, her skin gray as mist. Her eyes red as the skies, with piercing white irises. A sight that went well with the mask like darker colored markings around her eyes.

The red shine seemingly pierced Samael's very soulو even though she wasn't looking at him.

He couldn't believe what he was seeing, it was like Aphrodite was real. Like goddesses and gods of love and lust had combined into one person, creating perfection. His breath shallow as he didn't even notice the drink in his hand dropping from his hand, the person in front of him gasping as the drink covered the entirety of his suit.

"Ah! Prince Samael!?" He yelled offended, immediately trying to dab at the expensive silk that was quickly being stained.

But all fell on deaf ears, for the prince was mesmerized by the beauty he had witnessed, the Sinner looking at him in shock as Samael just walked off.

"What the fuck?!"

Samael snaked his way through the crowd, never looking back as several cries of indignation went up. His mind locked with one mission in mind, to find out the lady's name. He didn't know what it would be, what it could be. But for some reason he just knew it would be a name he would remember for a lifetime.

His hands started to sweat a little as he tried to palm them off on the pants of his suit, a tiny twitch of his fingers as leaned back to avoid a server plate. He didn't know why he was feeling so anxious, what this worry that was building in him meant?

Was this normal? Was he supposed to feel so...so...starstruck by just the sight of someone? It had never happened before.

He needed to know more.

He was supposed to be better than this, to not shake in the knees, to be a Prince of great renown, but he just couldn't help himself. His heart fluttered, his mouth drying. This was so unusual to him but at the same time so exciting. He wanted to chase this feeling, chase whatever it was that it was trying to tell him.

He needed to know the nature of such an emotion, of such a power that possessed his soul right now. His very heart nearly thudding out of his chest, beating like a jackhammer to escape the confines of his ribcage.

Soon he would blink, snapping out of his daydream, only to realize that he was only a few feet from her. His body moved faster than he could comprehend, his mind starting to panic at their closeness.