Dad Beat Dad

"I don't understand why it's not working," Charlie muttered as she pulled at her hair, dashing around the gigantic, makeshift posterboard she had crafted, trying to figure out what was the best way to redeem someone.

It had been a few months since her...less than productive meeting with the first man. She had been ecstatic to finally get an audience with heaven and to present her project!

Turns out that her project really needs to be foolproof because she now needs to pull it off not just by the end of this year, but half of that. No biggie! It's not like she has tried everything from trust falls, team puzzles and drawings, sharing secrets and feelings, everything she could think of every single day. Redoing activities, creating new ones.

Every. Single. Day.

"Charlie?...Sweetie, you, uh. You good?" Vaggie's voice cut through Charlie's little crisis, the princess whined and gripped her hair, her eyes bloodshot and exhausted when she turned towards Vaggie and the rest of her friends, "Nope, no! Not really!"

Her eyes gained a dark look, her laughter was of steady loss of sanity, "I've been up all night trying to figure out why the hotel isn't working." Crushing papers in her hand, her sharp teeth gleamed, hitting deadend after deadend, 'We've done trust falls. We've tried sharing our feelings. We only have a couple months left before the Angels come."

Laughing again in he friends directions as her demonic form shone through, Vaggie grimacing reaching out with a voice soft, "Maybe it's time..."

Charlie swiveled, "No."

"To ask..."

Charlie dashed to Vaggie, leaning over the couch and grabbing her by the face, forcing Vaggie within inches of her eyes, "Don't, say it."

"Your family."

Charlie groaned, her body going limp on the couch. Vaggie grabbed her hands, trying to comfort her distressed partner, "Charlie, I know you don't want to, but we need every advantage we can get."

"Dad let the extermination happen to begin with. They just had a meeting and said, 'Go ahead and kill everyone!'" she mocked her father's voice.

Suddenly, Charlie gasped in revelation, her eyes widening, the princess running back to her dashboard "Wait! That's it!"

"Kill everyone?"

"He could get us a meeting with Heaven." Charlie said, a bright smile shining through her exhaustion as she clasped her hands together.

"Didn't we already try that?" Vaggie understandably concerned and doubtful.

"Well, yeah, with Adam, but he was an azzhole." Charlie said, parting her hair behind her ear, "But he isn't in charge of all of Heaven. We could go to the top! There's sure to be some Angels who will listen."

Charlie scrolled through her phone towards her dad's contact, Samael's resting right below it as she hovered over her dad's number. Husk stepping into the scene took a sip of his coffee, "What's the hold up? You got daddy issues?"

Charlie's eyes widening in embarrassment, "No, we just have never been close," she said trying to deflect, "After he and Mom split, he never really wanted to see me. He calls sometimes, only if he's bored or like, needs me to do something."

"Daddy issues," Husk said before taking a long sip of his coffee.

"Well, I'd like to meet the big dick in charge." Angel said as he leaned on the couch, holding up his face with one of his hands.

"Ooh, the ultimate bad boy," Nifty said as she pulled out a knife, Angel slowly taking it from her hand and tossing it behind the couch as Nifty started to poof up her hair, "But I bet he's not as scary as my ultimate bad boy."