Chapter 49: Farewells

Start from the beginning

KEITH: "This is not the way we wanted this to happen," he must've noticed their lack of notice for me, "but, if there's a bright side to any of this, it's that my absence allowed Shiro to re-establish his bond with the black lion. He can finally be the leader I was unable to be." My heart aches for Keith, I can tell the team misread his intentions before. "I'm not meant to pilot the black lion." 

ALLURA: "Is that why you've been pulling away from us?" 

KEITH: "Yeah, I suppose that's part of it." 

HUNK: "Part of it? What's the other part?"

KEITH: "The blades and Y/N have been making headway tracking the source of this new quintessence. They've been able to piece together a large network of hidden supply lines that have been secretly transporting it for who knows how long. And there's good reason to believe it could lead us directly to Lotor. A mission is planned to infiltrate the supply line." Keith looks at the floor, waiting for his lecture. "It could take weeks, maybe even months to pull off but... if there is a chance... we have... I have to take it. I need to be on that mission. Shiro, you are the rightful leader of this team. And you proved it today by reconnecting with the Black lion. It was always meant to be yours." Shiro walks up to Keith, placing his hands on his shoulders. 

SHIRO: "Keith..." Keith's eyes open wide, "If this is what you feel is right, then we won't try to stop you. But just know that we're here for you whenever you need us." 

KEITH: "I know you are. And I can't tell you how much that means to me. " They both smile, bringing each other into a hug. (This moment made me tear up...) 

HUNK: "I can't be left out of this!" Hunk is crying as he runs forwards to join in the hug. 

Everyone sobs, hugging Keith so hard he struggles to breath or speak. I watch from the side, sadly laughing at the messy moment. 

PIDGE: "We're really gonna miss you." 

LANCE: "Yeah, who am I gonna make fun of?" 

ALLURA: "I know you'll make us proud." 

KEITH: "I hate to ruin the moment, but there's another goodbye to happen." Everyone looks puzzled at Keith, they pull away from him, wiping their tears away. Keith steps back, next to me. 

Y/N: "I'll be making my own way from here too." Everyone stares at me, puzzled, Pidge runs up to me, her tears flowing hard. 

PIDGE: "Where are you going?" Hunk runs too, wrapping his arms around us. 

HUNK: "Don't leave too!" Soon enough everyone is sobbing, even Keith has teary eyes as he joins the hug. 

Y/N: "I'm going to find my planet, and find some answers." 

SHIRO: "I thought your home was destroyed?"

Y/N: "It was, but I'm hoping it hasn't been eaten by a weblum, maybe there's something left for me to find," everyone is teary as they hug me tighter, they eventually let go, "Look, I've been keeping a lot of things from you, and I'm not proud of that, but maybe when I return, when I have the answers I was searching for, everything will be clear to me, and to you." 

SHIRO: "Good luck, both of you." Keith and I walk out together, his face turns sullen when we turn away. The door shuts with a clang behind us, leaving us in the dark silence surrounding the hallways. 

Y/N: "Are you okay, Keith?"

KEITH: "Yeah, just worried for what lies ahead."

Y/N: "So am I."

KEITH: "Why don't you spend some time with the blades and I before going?"

Y/N: "I'm worried I don't have that kind of time to spare, but when I return, I'll seek you out first." I can feel my eyes getting teary, thinking of not seeing Keith, or the others. He suddenly pulls me in for a hug, embracing me. 

KEITH: "Please stay safe, I can't imagine my life without you." I can hear his voice shaking as he hugs me tighter. 

Y/N: "You stay safe too, mullet. I'll miss you a lot." I reach out my hand and fluff his hair as he hugs me. 

KEITH: "Call me okay? Whenever you can, I'll answer. Just to hear your voice." He smiles through his sadness, placing his hands on my shoulders. 

Y/N: "Of course, and if you ever need me, do the same. Call me, and I'll answer, if you need help, I'll come find you." He smiles, before walking off down the hall towards his new future. 

I sigh, waiting for my heart to slow down before grabbing things from my room and setting off, to find my past. The one I had long forgotten. This could go two way, great, or absolutely terrible. Guess we'll have to wait and see. 

Space feels lonely when you're all alone in a pod, reminds me of when Keith, Allura and I ran away from the castle. My heart twangs with nostalgic sadness at the memory. I can't be distracted from my mission, this is important, for me, and to help defeat Lotor. And whoever else stands in the way of freedom. 

I put the directions on autopilot, as I drift through the never ending cycle of space, leaning back in my chair, I stare out at the billions of stars stretching out. I take out my blade, watching it grow in my palms, the purple marks illuminating in the darkness surrounding me. 

Y/N: "I wonder if my sister could make it grow like this." Thinking about here causes my heart to ache so I shove the blade back into its sheath, pushing memories out of my throbbing head. 

Hours pass and I'm still on the same course, heading for my home. Or what's left of it. This whole mission could be a bust if there's nothing left for me to find, then I have no hope of finding out who I am or what purpose I hold among the many stars in this universe. 

As I'm left alone with my thoughts, memories pass by in flashes, visions darting away from me like shooting stars. I can't help but wonder whether I've made a mistake by leaving, by not staying and helping the paladins, but without a lion, I never had a place to help. The few times I could help, were with my powers... in secret... Which is the whole point of this mission in a sense, to find out more about my powers and who I am. I let my eyes close, waiting, and waiting. A couple of hours later when I looked out at the stars, a planet emerged among the darkness, hidden behind asteroids and moons. The planet was singed all around, but its structure was in tact for the most part, debris was floating all around. 

A small alert came up on the screen, it read 'Planet Comar." My hear dropped as I looked out of the window. My planet... I found it... 

I switch on the thrusters, heading towards the decrepit planet, my heart racing with anticipation. As I landed on the surface, my heart felt heavy, thinking of the many people who lost their lives here. Looking out at the scenery, the houses reduced to rubble, mounds of dirt which used to be ancient ruins, trees fallen and burnt to bark. 

"So... you finally returned." 

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! And don't worry, she won't be away from the main story for too long! I'm still figuring that out though. I hope you have an amazing day! And thanks so mcuh for 4.3k views!!!