Chapter 18: Flood gates

As we arrived back at the castle of lions, I flung my arm around Pidge and brought her in for a welcoming hug,

Y/N: "You saved us, thank you."

PIDGE: "You guys are my family, I had no choice." We all laughed together, my heart warmed at the word, family.

Y/N: "Shiro, let's get you to a healing pod, you're very injured."

SHIRO: "I'll be fine." He could barely get out the words, Keith had to drag him to a pod.

Y/N: "He'll be okay."

KEITH: "Yeah, he's strong."

We make our way to the bridge to check on Coran and Allura. When we get there, Allura brings us into a hug, sighing in relief.

ALLURA: "I'm so glad you guys are okay! Where's Shiro?"

KEITH: "In a healing pod, that witch beat him up pretty bad."

Y/N: "He's going to be okay though."

I'd forgotten about my wounded arm, I guess it was a blessing the burns and open wound disguised my strange marks. 

CORAN: "Uhh Y/N."

Y/N: "What is it Coran?" I turn to him, puzzled.

CORAN: "Did you happen to notice the huge gash on your arm?" I look down at it, a little shocked at how bad it had become after fighting those beasts. Good thing my burns weren't too noticeable.

ALLURA: "Y/N, that doesn't look too good." 

KEITH: "We should get you to a healing pod." He grabs my other arm and drags me down where Shiro is peacefully waiting to be healed.

Y/N: "Wait, I'm fine, I just need a bandage that's all." Coran and Allura, slowly following behind us chime in.

ALLURA: "Y/N, you have cuts and burns all over, you need that healing pod."

CORAN: "How did you get so beat up?" We stop walking as we reach a healing pod.

Y/N: "Me and Shiro tried to get to higher ground to get a signal, but we met some pretty nasty creatures, they probably opened up my wound from Zarkon even more." 

ALLURA: "Zarkon did that? Yeah you are definitely going in that pod. Now."

They lead me into it, I feel cool air rush up, my wounds feel lighter, like they're not even there, then my eyes slowly close and I drift off.

For once, sleep isn't such an enemy to me, I feel peaceful. Monsters and memories aren't haunting my dreams this time. Fuzzy, warm memories cloud out the bad.

I'm sitting with a girl, a few years older than me, she has beautiful white hair, piercing red eyes and her smile resonates with me.

She looks so familiar... but I don't remember who she is to me...

HUNK: "Are they okay?"

ALLURA: "Sometimes, the healing process can cause involuntary brain wave reactions."

HUNK: "They both look like they're having bad dreams."

KEITH: "They both were injured by the people were fighting against and mauled by giant lizards. What dream could be worse than that?"

My dream starts warping, distorting into a nightmare. I start to panic as the sky bleeds into a vicious purple, ships swarming through it like swarms of flies. The girl picks me up, running through the madness, dodging blasts from enemy ships, suddenly everything goes black and I'm falling, reaching out for her but she's no longer there.