Chapter 15: An old nightmare

SHIRO: "there it is. "

CORAN: "it appears the gravitation between the two planets warps the electron emission spectrum enough to keep the planet off the deep space scanners. "

PIDGE: "so you can only see it if you really know where to look. "

SHIRO:" this place must handle shipments from all over the gulra empire."

Y/N:" it transports a very important material, so it may be tricky to infiltrate... "

I trail off at the end as everyone turns to me, confused. Shiro's expression is a mix of confusion and pride. 

CORAN: "How do you know that?"

Shiro looks at me, i look at him and i shake my head.

Y/N: "I did some research i guess. " I hang my head low, feeling Shiro's gaze cut through me like a blade. I slowly let my eyes travel to him and he looks sad, almost, angry. I can never quite tell. 

ALLURA: "If it's transporting something so important then we'd better go down to take a look, We'll need to enter here: the central control building."

KEITH: "I'm sorry, Princess, did you say we?"

ALLURA: "I'm going with you, I've travelled through the galra transportation hubs many times with my father before the war began. I know more about them than any of you."

CORAN: "Princess, I'd rather you stay here."

ALLRA: "I'm a part of this fight against Zarkon as much as anyone. I'm going. Does anyone have a problem with that?"

CORAN: "Uh..."

Everyone avoids Coran's eye contact and stares at the floor, Lance starts awkwardly whistling so I take the hint and say something. 

Y/N: "I agree with Allura, she's apart of your team as much as the rest of you."

SHIRO: "Fine, suit up."

Everyone heads to their hangers to get their suits and bayards, Shiro hangs back and slowly walks over to me.

SHIRO: "You too Y/N, suit up, you're coming on this mission." That unsettling feeling dug itself into my brain, screaming for me to say no and stay in the castle. I ignored my heart that raced faster every minute.

Y/N: "Umm, can't I just stay here?"

SHIRO: "Y/N, you're apart of the team, we need someone who's level headed on this mission."

Y/N: "I- uhh." I shuffled my feet, thinking of some kind of excuse.

SHIRO: "What's holding you back?"

Y/N: "Nothing. I'll come along."

SHIRO: "I'm glad, now go suit up, we'll have a talk after the mission, okay?"

Y/N: "Sure thing team leader." I dragged my feet to my room, grabbing anything I could possibly use to protect myself, bandages, my helmet, a dagger. I made my way to the hangers, and climbed into Pidge's lion. My head throbbed and my feet fought against the feeling to run and never turn back. But i ignored it. (terrible mistake on my part).

Everyone piles into the green lion and we fly undetected towards the base. Everything is running smoothly but the knot eating away at me won't unwind. After a while of waiting in the command centre, Shiro and Allura head for the main ship, disguised, they make their way through.

KEITH :"Whoa, check out this guy. Whatever's happening here that requires the base to be kept secret must have something to do with that scary dude. I'm going to go check it out."

LANCE: "How about we just lay low and you don't blow our cover? Keith, think about what you're doing. Don't walk through that door!" The door clangs shut. 

PIDGE: "you are a paragon of leadership Lance." 

LANCE: "Hey, where do you think you're going?" 

Y/N: "Making sure Keith doesn't die." I rush out of the door and follow where Keith dashed off to. 

LANCE: "Sigh, kids these days." 

I glance down the hall and slide closer to the gleaming doors. 

Y/N: "Keith, Keith!" (whispering) I crawl behind his hiding spot and he turns and stifles a yell. 

KEITH: "What are you doing here?!"(whispering) 

Y/N: "Making sure you don't die because of that druid!" (stillll whispering) 

KEITH: "What's a druid? How did you know what that was?" 

Y/N: "That shouldn't be your most pressing concern right now." 

The strange druid leaves and the door whirrs to a close, we both look at each other, and I know exactly what he's planning. 

KEITH: "Coran, you need to see this." 

CORAN: "I've never seen anything like it."

PIDGE: "What is that?" 

Y/N: "It's quintessence."

KEITH: "How do you know all this?" 

DRONE: "The material is quintessence, the substance with the highest known energy per unit volume in the universe." 

Keith and I exchange different glances, his more concerned and confused, mine more guilty and worried. My head starts to throb, a burning sensation seething across my skin, my eyes burning red, Keith stifles a gasp. 

I don't how long i zoned out for but by the time reality whirred back, an ominous feeling spread through me. 

KEITH: "Guys, I'm going to steal some of this quint- whatever." 

He edges closer to a container of glowing liquid, I slowly follow, keeping my burning eyes on the door. 

Y/N: "Keith, i don't think this is a-" 

Keith is blasted with some kind of dark power, I've seen it before somewhere. 

I glance up from where the blast emanated, the druid came back. My ominous feeling still hadn't settled.

I jumped to Keith's side and looked at the glowing gash on his hand. Breaking the glowing container next to us i shoved his hand inside and watched as it sealed the wound. He stared at it then up at me but not for long as we jumped to barely miss another dangerous blast of dark power. 

DRUID: "You..." 

This one was a little longer that usual but i hope you still enjoy it! I think I take a bit too long to get through one episode but I'm still learning. Have a great day!