Chapter 8

Misarre

Present

Outfit: School Uniform

"Finally, it's over... I'm famished," Xrallia declares with a groan.

"A hot bath followed by a meal sounds heavenly," Meadow remarks.

"You're telling me," Keno sighs.

"Well, overall, I found that class quite enjoyable," I say, oblivious to the lack of enthusiasm from everyone else.

"You lucked out. I'm the one who had to deal with the aftermath of your bold move with Uness," Xrallia says, arms crossed.

"Sorry bout' that," I interject, clasping my hands together in a plea.

We arrive at the dining hall to find a plethora of students relishing their meals and the camaraderie of others. The hall is adorned with vibrant flora, infusing the space with life. Tables are adorned with a lavish array of dishes from various cultures and cuisines. Natural light filters in alongside the soft glow of candles, casting a serene atmosphere over the room.

 Natural light filters in alongside the soft glow of candles, casting a serene atmosphere over the room

Page 2

"Wow, everything in this school is so extravagant," I remark, my gaze drifting around the room.

"Just wait until you see the bathrooms," Meadow replies, her voice tinged with excitement.

"Forget all that, let's just dig in," Xrallia interjects, hastening toward an empty table.

We follow her lead, eagerly piling our plates with an array of delicacies. As we savor our meals, conversation flows freely, revolving around the school, its professors, and fellow students.

"And what about him?" I inquire, gesturing towards a male with striking white hair.

"Selic? Oh, don't bother," Xrallia responds, pointing towards Meadow, who blushes slightly. "One, he's incredibly antisocial. Two, Meadow is head over heels for him."

"I just really like his vibe, that's all," Meadow whispers defensively.

"His vibe is as appealing as a rock. The guy hardly talks to anyone, and no one knows why," Xrallia retorts.

"He wasn't always like that. When we were young and attended the Conclave, he was always so eager to see us—talkative and kind. I wonder what changed," Keno muses, idly picking at his food.

"Doesn't matter, he's a total jerk now," Xrallia declares with a huff.

"No, he's not! Don't speak about him like that," Meadow interjects, her tone firm.