Chapter 2

Misarre

Present

Page 1

Current Outfit

Slap!

The jolt of my head hitting the carriage wall stings, and I instinctively grasp the side of my head in pain.

"Damn it," I mutter, rubbing the sore spot. "If I had known carriages were this uncomfortable, I would have taken a horse."

Turning to glance out the window, the bright sun momentarily blinds me. Through squinted eyes, I observe the bustling activity outside. People stroll by, their laughter and chatter mingling with the sounds of the city. 

"Are you awake, ma'am?" the coachman's voice breaks through my thoughts.

"I am," I reply, straightening up.

"We'll be arriving at the city entrance soon. Any specific destination you'd like to be dropped off at?" he calls out.

"No, the entrance is fine. Thank you," I respond, leaning my head back against the window, readying myself for the next leg of the journey.

After a few minutes of travel, the carriage slows to a halt. Taking it as my cue, I swiftly grab my bag from beside me and swing open the door. With a nod towards the coachman, who gives a brief acknowledgment before continuing on his way, I step out onto the bustling street.

Page 2

Surveying the scene before me, I'm met with the sight of a sprawling bridge teeming with people coming and going. I take a deep breath, a mixture of anxiety and excitement swirling within me.

Navigating my way through the throngs of people, I make my way towards the city gate. As I pass through, my senses are assaulted by a cacophony of smells—aromas ranging from savory foods to fragrant perfumes fill the air.

The variety of attire worn by the passersby catches my eye—some don elegant dresses and sharp suits, while others sport the rugged garb of mercenaries. Ahead lies the bustling market, brimming with an array of tantalizing foods and enticing wares. With each step, I can feel the pulse of the city coursing through me, fueling my anticipation for the adventures that lie ahead.

"Hey! You there!." I hear someone yell out. I don't look to see who and continue walking. Until, again I hear..

"Hey!.. wait...You! Miss in the black cloak!" I hear someone call out again. This time I turn towards the sound to see a boy with dog ears and a tail pointing at me.

 This time I turn towards the sound to see a boy with dog ears and a tail pointing at me