Chapter 6

Misarre

Present

Current Outfit 

Page 1

As I finish adjusting my clothes, I steal a glance at myself in the mirror.

It feels peculiar, donning such refined attire. Yet, strangely enough... I find myself liking it.

Turning from side to side, I absorb my newfound appearance, a surge of confidence coursing through me. I cast a final glance at the suitcase before reaching for my personal academy bag. With deliberate movements, I gather the books arranged nearby and tuck them neatly into the bag. Just as I slide in the last book, a knock resounds at the door.

"Come in..." I call out. The door handle turns, admitting Ms. Synthia. She pauses for a moment taking a look at me then continuing.

"Well... there's no denying you're their daughter," she remarks, striding towards me, a bronze badge clasped in her hand. "You bear a striking resemblance."

"Thank you," I murmur, feeling a blush rise to my cheeks. "What's this?"

"This is your current ranking badge," she explains, affixing it to the right side of my uniform. "Any other special badges will be worn on the left."

"Keep this in mind for me, dear," she continues, gently brushing a stray lock of hair from my face, "values and integrity outweigh mere accomplishments."

I nod, with a questioning expression.

"Ready?" she asks, her tone expectant.

"Sure," I reply, slinging my bag over my shoulder as we stride out of my room and toward the classroom, traversing halls and descending flights of stairs. Portraits of past legends catch my eye, instilling me with a sense of pride.

"Here we are," she announces, gesturing towards a towering door ahead. "I'll step in first for a moment, then you can follow." With a firm knock and a twist of the handle, she opens the door to reveal a spacious and studious lecture hall. A group of students eagerly await the arrival of the mystery guest.

 A group of students eagerly await the arrival of the mystery guest