Chapter 70: Oh, Another Masterplan

Начните с самого начала

"Three hours from now, at Conchcorde Plaza, I'm going to cut this incompetent King's head off! The Great Pirate Era began when they executed a human, Gold Roger, the King of the Pirates. That era saw humans grow to persecute Fishmen. So this time, by executing Neptune, I'll start the Great Fishman Era where Fishmen will dominate humans."

I just want to go back to sleep and wake up in three hours.

"As you may know by now, I'm at the Ryugu Palace as I speak. And we found something good."

Oh no, please go on. I'm just dying to find out.

"It's a letter from the Celestial Dragons that Queen Otohime got 10 years ago at the risk of her life." He held the letter up in his hand, showcasing it to everyone. "If I destroy that letter, it's over. You won't get another one." He dropped the letter to the ground, letting gravity keep watch on it.

Walking over to a large crate, Hordy kept talking. "In this box, there are signatures from the majority of the country." He grabbed a fistfull of them with a sinister laugh, crushing the few in his hand. "I can't believe you guys. There are so many fools who want to befriend humans! Those of you who have signed your name would oppose my new kingdom. So this is actually a list of traitors! No more stepping on her picture."

Picture? What picture?

"It would be easy to pretend you don't mind stepping on it."

Oh, it was the Queen's picture. Luckily Japanese mentions the person's name more often in sentences than the language in my last life. Less pronouns.

"These signatures will tell who is my enemy and who is not. It's hard evidence. I will take care of those enemies one by one." Hordy threatened.

He started to flip through some of the pages before coming to a stop on one random page. "First, Togare from Coral Hill. Next, Gotan from Waterwheel Town. Luca from Mermaid Cove. Garcia from Fishverly Hills. There are a lot more!" He laughed again.

"Stop it!" Neptune interjected. "I won't let you hurt my folk!"

"Well enough for now. We don't have time anyways." Hordy ignored the comment. "Lastly, Straw Hat Pirates! I'll show you something good. I know you are somewhere on the island watching this."

They changed the projected image to show Usopp, Zoro, and Brook chained up and caged. They must have been captured in the end.

"You people shattered Arlong's dream. He was a symbol of Fishmen's anger."

He made a spectacle of raising the cage they were in to the top of the ceiling before beginning to flood the room with water.

"That room will be filled with water by the time we finish executing the King. You lowly creatures can't survive that, can you? Straw Hat Luffy with a 400 million berry bounty! Your people's heads will serve perfectly as a second lesson to humans above ground. The first will be this woman!"

He pointed to me as the camera swiveled in my direction. "A pirate known as the Sky Goddess Amaya with a 400 million berry bounty. Not only is she a human, but she has the most cursed human blood within her. She is a direct descendant of a Celestial Dragon! She will be the first offering to our new Fishman Era. Now, let's start cleaning up the old Ryugu Kingdom!"

They cut off the snailsponder, leaving nothing but an atmosphere filled with gloating. They didn't even need to speak as their whole beings just oozed self confidence. It was sickening.

"Now," Hordy broke them out of their preemptive celebration. "Issue an order to Daruma and the others to assemble. It's gonna get busy."

Hordy glanced at Neptune with loathe in his eyes before that same gaze swiveled to me. "I'll make your executions a big show. So that all citizens of Fishman Island will be afraid of me."