I sighed, staring down at Bobby. This can't be happening. "Is there anything you can do? Anything at all?"

"Look, I'm sorry, but we don't know what's causing it, so we don't know how to treat it." The doctor began. "He just...went to sleep and didn't wake up."

___

"So, what was Bobby doing in Pittsburgh?" Sam asked as we walked into the motel Bobby had been staying in. It was empty. It looked nothing like a room a hunter would be in. It was bare.

"Unless he was taking an extremely lame vacation..." Dean trailed off, shutting the door behind himself.

"I mean, he must have been working a job, right?" Sam asked. 

"Well, you think there'd be some sort of sign or something, you know?" Dean ran his hand over Evie's back as she rested her head against his shoulder, gripping his jacket in her small fist as we all moved around the room, searching for anything. "Research, news clippings...or a freaking pizza box or a beer can."

"How are those things helpful to hunting?" I asked, closing the drawer of the bedside cabinet. 

"Nutrition." Dean smiled at me.

"Those things are not nutritious at all." I pointed out. 

Sam opened the closet, clicking on the light. "How about this?" He asked as we moved closer. He shoved the clothes out of the way to reveal maps, notes, new clippings and picture of mushrooms taped to the back wall. 

"You think he's getting into the drug business?" Millie asked. "Selling 'shrooms?"

I sighed. "No, Millie, we don't think that." 

"Why? Because the lore didn't say so?" 

Dean chuckled. "Good old Bobby, always covering up his tracks."

"What do you have against lore?" Sam asked. 

"I don't know." Millie shrugged. 

"You make heads or tails of any of this?" Sam asked no one in particular.

Dean plucked a paper from the wall. "'Silene capensis,' which, of course, means absolutely nothing to me." 

"Wow, Dean, that is so helpful." I remarked. 

Dean gave me a look.

"Here, obit." Sam picked a paper from the wall. "'Dr. Walter Gregg, 64, university neurologist.'"

"How'd he bite it?" Dean asked.

"Um, actually, they don't know." Sam answered. "They say he just went to sleep and didn't wake up."

"That sound familiar to you?" Dean asked. 

"Alright, um...so let's say Bobby was looking into the doc's death." Sam began. "Hunting after something--"

"That started hunting him." Dean filled in, handing Evie over to me. She stirred, blinking open her tired blue eyes then settling down again. 

"But what the hell is he hunting." I asked. 

"Alright, stay here, see if you can make heads or tails of this." Dean gestured to the wall of papers. "You too, Si. You're smart, figure it out, 'kay?"

"What are you gonna do?" I asked.

"Look into the good doctor myself." Dean stated, leaning in to kiss me. 

___

I walked into Bobby's hospital room to find Dean sitting by his bedside, just watching. He looked up and put on a smile as he reached for Evie. "How was the nap, huh?"