Chapter 29.

Friday, 3rd of December, 2021

Kimberly grabbed the jumpsuit that laid on the sink, getting dressed. She stared at herself in the mirror, making sure she didn't overdo anything. Her makeup was simple, yet clean. She grabbed a hair tie and her hairbrush, leaving the bathroom.

-"I want my hair up in a ponytail," Kimberly said, tossing the two things onto Phillip's bed. She settled down on a chair, crossing her arms.
-"Sure," Phillip said as he got up, grabbing the items. "You know which restaurant you're going to?"

-"No. He spoke about a restaurant by a river, wherever that will be on the outskirts of fucking Vegas," Kimberly said, feeling Phillip's hands in her hair. She was a little nervous, not feeling too certain about leaving for dinner with Makarov. She was fairly sure by now that they would have pulled up everything there was to find on Victoria Williams. Every file and all the information. Information about a person that had died while serving. A dead person she was faking to be.

-"I'll track your phone and check where you are. Just promise me to be careful," Phillip said, tying the hair tie around her hair.
-"As if you care," Kimberly muttered, rolling her eyes.
-"Hey, I know I've been an asshole, but I do still care for you. You're my ex wife, and I regret making you my ex. I'm here on this mission as well, and my mission is to be your backup. You can treat me like an asshole as much as you'd like, but I'll still keep an eye on you."
-"Oh geez, well thank you," Kimberly muttered sarcastically.

As Phillip let go of her hair, Kimberly got up from the chair.
-"I know you carry hate towards me, and I know I deserve it. But I'm not lying when I tell you that I care about you," Phillip said, making way towards the door. He grabbed his jacket, taking it on.
-"Is that how you felt on our wedding day, shoving your dick into that bartenders pussy?" Kimberly snapped, settling down on her bed. She could hear Phillip's sigh.

-"The decision I regret most in life," Phillip said, running a hand through his hair.
-"You regret fucking her more than you regret beating me? Wow, thanks a lot," Kimberly muttered.
-"Okay, I get it. Whatever I say will make things worse. I've hid my things, so if he comes inside he won't know I've been here. Stay safe, and I'll see you later," Phillip said as he left the hotel room.

Silence settled as she looked at the clock. 07:15. He would be there in fifteen minutes to pick her up. She was nervous, but also a bit excited. Makarov seemed like he could be a gentleman, and it made her feel reassured. He wasn't just a murderer, as the others had framed him. Yes, he had more blood on his hands than any of them, but he could still talk to a lady.

Kimberly got up and pushed her bed against Phillip's bed. She quickly made it as she studied the room. There was no sign at all that Phillip had been here. She nodded for herself as she checked the bathroom. It was empty of his things as well.

Suddenly she heard a determined knocking on the door. She threw one last look in the mirror before leaving the bathroom and making her way towards the door. She cleared her throat as she opened the door, laying eyes on the man outside.

Makarov smiled towards her as he gave her the plastic bouquet of red and white roses. He knew that real roses would die within the day in a hotel room, so he figured fake ones would do for now.
-"Good evening, Victoria," Makarov said, staring at the woman. She had listened to him and dressed in something that she could move around in. He knew that she would be ready for her first test this night.

Kimberly grabbed the flowers, taking a look at how beautiful they were. She couldn't help but smile.
-"Good evening, yes. Thank you, these are absolutely beautiful," Kimberly said, making her way to the table. She laid them down. As she turned back to the door, she noticed that Makarov had stepped inside, studying the room.