Chapter 26 : Once was Hope, Now Demise

Rimuru's POV

I ate.

And I meant that literally.

The Insect Queen's body vanished alongside the black smoke from my Gluttony skill. Even the ground on which she stood a few minutes ago was also devoured.

I could feel the power surging within my veins once I absorbed her body. It was like nutrients of familiar energy running alongside my blood, then travelling down to my system.

For the first time, I felt good. Eating strong opponents must be the food for my stigma. I just closed my eyes in delight, and my hands curled into fists until my veins showed up.

{You have successfully absorbed the magical energy from the Insect Queen's body.}

The Great Sage's voice echoed in the back of my mind. Then, when I felt like it was over, I opened my eyes.

{The Insect Queen's body and soul have been isolated in the stomach. The individual can be retrieved back and forth by Master's will.}

So she wasn't dead?.. That's good. I'll give her to Gilyoung once we see each other again. I miss those guys.

The first person I laid my eyes unto was no one. I didn't even see a single life in my sight—just pure destruction and utter mess. Although I could sense a few lifeforms around here,

"By the way, that insect was finger-licking good."

I said that and smirked before walking away with a hum.

[The Constellation, who likes to brag about their techniques, is looking at you with disgust.]

Hmm?

[The Constellation, who likes to brag about their techniques, has revealed their modifier.]

[The Constellation, 'Architect Of A Hundred-Floor Maze' is bothered by your actions.]

Another one has joined the channel, huh. Am I really that famous now? Wait, where's the red carpet? I'm in the mood to walk on one...

...

Unexpectedly, there was indeed a red carpet. The problem is that it wasn't a carpet. It was a pool of blood.

"Seriously... I was just joking." I said in a bit of a creeped out voice. Was that really a coincidence though?

But that thought was pushed aside once I heard a cough nearby. I quickly looked for the source and found Junghyuk, leaning on the same wall where I left him.

"You look horrible," I said as I walked towards him. He just sent me a glare, and he was still scary even though his mouth was about to vomit or something.

I didn't want to argue with him, so I carried his body like a princess.

"Don't complain, okay? You're supposed to carry me like this, but our positions ended up getting switched."

I laughed at my own words, and then, as if the moment allowed it, I saw a bright shooting star.

"Wow. Isn't this romantic?" I looked at Junghyuk, but he was already unconscious.

I want to poke his cheeks right now, but I refrained from letting my intrusive thoughts win. I smiled at the sight of a prince being carried by my arms. Then I looked back at the shooting star above.

A shooting star, huh..

[A new disaster has been added to the scenario!]