27. The Confrontation

Start from the beginning

This slip of hold on the sword was caught by Agastya almost instantaneously, and he didn't spare a single second in getting a hold of the base to turn it towards Aadhrit, catching him off guard.

Now the tables had turned, and Aadhrit stood at the edge of the blade. If he was scared, he did a good job in veiling his expression.

Agastya smirked briefly before he threw the sword away.

"It is in your best interest to avoid a war with us. We don't have to think twice to start a war, but I chose not to. Accept the deal, let go of her and earn yourself a huge security of non aggression from us. We can do this the hard way too. It's your call."

Agastya turned back, retreating towards the hallways.

He stopped briefly beside Aksh.

"No matter what he did, it is our duty to escort our guests. Make sure he is provided with the best of our hospitality." ....he declared loudly before exiting the place.

***************************************************************************************

(Three hours later)

(Rajvanshi Empire, Ruh's chamber)

Jihan was lying on the bed, as Ruh came out of the bathing room. Wet strands of hair stuck to her gown as she sat beside jihan, patting his head lightly. He responded by sniffing her hands and giving it a small lick.

As she continued to pet him, she noticed the dirt on his fur. She shook her head lightly.

"Why do you like to roll in dirt so much? It hasn't even been two days since your last bath, now I've to wash you again."

She became engrossed in examining his fur, pulling out dried patches of dirt wherever she could.

A sudden clanking sound made her stand up. She turned back to look at the source.

Her eyes widened, but there wasn't enough time for confrontations as a voice from outside called. It was the guard.

"What happened princess, are you okay? Should I come in?" .....it was obvious that the guard was standing just outside the door, waiting to come in judging from the intensity of the voice.

Ruh looked back at the person who had caused the hassle, only to see him shrugging his shoulders innocently.

She scoffed in disbelief.

"Princess? I'm coming in." ...the guard was growing impatient.

"NO!" ....she almost shouted.

"What? Princess are you okay?" ....the guard spoke once again, worry evident in his voice.

"Yes. I'm alright, it's just the vase. I-I accidentally tripped it over." ...she managed to gather an excuse.

"Did it hurt you princess? Should I call the physician?" ...the voice said from outside the door.

"n-no, I'm alright. No need to call the physician." ...she stuttered as she saw him coming closer.

"You might just want to call it for Me." ....he whispered, trying unusually hard to showcase pain as he brought his index finger in front of her face.

She jumped slightly out of shock, seeing the dried blood sticking to a long cut that ran almost the whole length of his finger.

A sudden worry clouded her face as she caught the finger instinctively pulling it towards herself more in order to examine it.

A small scream erupted from his mouth as she applied a little pressure in pulling the finger. Before it could draw any attention, she covered his mouth with her palm out of reflex.