Chapter 21

"Ji!"
He was screaming when the man dragged his weapons over his chest. So hard he didn't hear his name being called behind him and a flash of fur bolting inside, breaking the wooden door out of its barely functioning hinges with a loud bang. Within a blink of an eye the whole scene turned around. The man was no longer pressing Jisung down on the ground and the weapon got flung out of his hand, landing somewhere else in the room.
Jisung took a deep breath and tried to look up at the wolf who slammed the man back and took a protecting stance over Jisung's body.
"Hei-kan," Jisung cried with relief upon recognizing the color of her fur.
"Ji,Ji! I'm here. We're here," he heard someone close to him and he looked up to see Felix scrambling down in his human form and grabbing him by his cheeks to see if he was alright.
"Lix," Jisung huffed, trying to reach his arm up to grab the hand of the panicking alpha.
In the background they could hear fighting from the man and Heikin. Both of them in their wolf forms inside the tiny house.
Felix bended over Jisung to protect him from the flying objects and fighting wolves.
"We'll get you out of here. Please stay alive. Ji, Jisung, stay with me."
But Jisung had trouble staying focussed on the young alpha's voice. He heard the trembling voice, but as if he was drowning. Some of the words falling away and his vision still blurry from his tears.
"Hurts..." he whined.
Felix grabbed his hand and squeezed it. "I know. I know Ji. It will be over soon. I promise."
In the background there was a blur of grunting and growling. Heikin had known this was the killer of her sister and it had given her a blinding rage when she saw the monster mutilating Jisung with a sickening smile on his face.
He's gonna pay! She thought, pouncing and lunging at the man, enduring the bite and claw marks he gave her. This was her fight and she would make sure this monster would never hurt anybody else. She had failed to protect her sister, she wasn't failing again.
Jisung heard a high whine and the bloodstilling sound of flesh being ripped out. One moment there was a clash of sounds, the other there was silence when he heard a loud thud, followed up by the gurgling sounds of someone dying a painful death.
Heikin had ripped the throat of the man who was now bleeding out on the ground. No last words, no heroic fight, just an overwhelming amount of panic and anger from the beta who had managed to overpower the lanky alpha.
She let out a bone chilling loud howl after spitting out the piece of flesh between her jaws. A howl that reminded Jisung of that fateful day.
He witnessed how she shifted back, took the weapon laying on the ground and slammed it into the skull of the man in a last rage of anger, making a spray of blood paint her face.
"Fuck!" she screamed with all her energy. "Fuck, fuck fuck!"
She shivered uncontrollably. It was both heartbreaking and beautiful, Jisung thought. The immense courage she had shown and the rampaging emotions now all crashing down on her. She was a sight for the eye.
Jisung gently squeezed Felix's hand and looked up to his pack member with heavy eyelids.
"Go...help...her," he smiled before losing consciousness.

"I swear, Han Jisung, If you die on me I personally will revive you to murder you myself," he heard a vague voice in the distance say to him.
"Give him time. His body had endured a lot."
"Time? No! Jisung, I give you approximately one sunrise to wake up. Open your eyes, you coward!"
Three people were bickering above him and Jisung felt his body burn and aches in all his muscles. His mouth was like a desert and even stretching his fingers proved an enormous task. So instead he focussed on opening his eyes like the voice had demanded from him.
"Hei—Heikin, he's waking up! That damn idiot listened— Come here!"
The first thing he saw was the ceiling of their cave and Jisung exhaled in comfort. He was no longer in danger. He was in the safe proximity of his pack's base.
"Quick! Bring him something to drink."
"Stay down, Jisung. Don't try to move too much."
Felix was the first one he could make out of all the faces around him. He had to turn his head slightly to see the young alpha sit beside him, still holding his hand as if he hadn't let go since he had found Jisung.
"Lix, I'm alright," Jisung tried to chuckle, seeing the crying alpha. "No crying in front of the others."
Felix smiled through his tears and shook his head. "I don't care. You're safe. That's all that matters."
Minho rushed over to them and helped Jisung sit up slowly to give him some kind of herbal tea. Jisung grunted loudly and sighed when the tea soothed his sore throat.
"Heikin, calm down. Let him drink first," Chan tried to calm down the girl who was not listening and bolted out of their pack leader's arms towards them.
Jisung had barely enough time to give Minho his mug when the girl clasped her arms around him and pressed herself against him.
"Ow ow ow ow!" Jisung groaned with a scrunched up face from the pain, but still managed to give her a weak smile.
"S-sorry!" Heikin gasped when she heard him groan and released him immediately. Her eyes were glossy and already red rimmed as if she had been crying before. "Thank the moon you're awake, Ji."
Jisung snickered and winced at his painful face, feeling his nose was swollen.
"I heard someone threaten me I had to wake up before the next sunrise," he joked and the girl got beet red at his words.
"I swear I will fulfill that promise if you keep up your humor," she muttered back, gaining a snicker from Felix who looked at her.
"I love you," Jisung sighed out happily upon hearing their voices. "Both of you."
They all fell silent and Jisung's eyes got heavy again.
"Hey," she huffed, her smile abruptly disappearing upon seeing his blinking. "Hey. Hey! Ji, what was that?"
Her voice drifted off in his head and he tried to pull the corners of his mouth up in a smile again even though the pain was still there. Weirdly enough everything seemed to drift away. Her voice, the pain, his thoughts. Yeah, this was alright.
"Han Jisung! Don't you dare fall asleep after saying that!" were the last words he heard before blacking out again.

Ending 1.

_____________________________________

As said in the previous chapter; This was the original ending.
Not a particular happy one, but an ending nontheless.

But!

We also like happy endings AND love some explanations to twist the whole story:)
I've planted subtle -or maybe not, depending on what kind of reader you are- hints about different people throughout the story. 
So after the alternate "good" ending, let this story simmer for a bit and who knows? Maybe you give it a reread (for which I am thankfull! You're the GOAT) and then see the hints much earlier?

Also, I never planned to give the whole backstory about the "tragic accident" which brought all the wolves where they are. You can speculate with the small tidbits of given information and who knows?! You might guess right?
- What happened with SKZ to end up on a beach and starting a new life?
- Which country/countries do you think Heikin and Nelaya came from?
- Why has Felix been portaited as a silent guy?
- Did you notice there hasn't been one single time indicator referring to time like we know it? (seconds, hours etc.)